Lead Supply Chain Finance Analyst
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Supply Chain Finance Analyst will act as a cross-functional liaison and advisor for the supply chain buying, management, and leadership community. Selected individual will be responsible for providing guidance on financial elements of the procurement process, while also generating routine reporting surrounding material performance. This role will require a high degree of collaboration and communication not only within the supply chain organization, but also with the finance, accounting, and program management functions.
The Supply Chain Finance Analyst will support a wide array of recurring and ad hoc analysis, under the guidance of the Manager of Supply Chain Analytics.
This position will also require analyst to act independently and take proactive steps to drive timely resolution of issues. Candidate will be required to seek out and synthesize information from individuals across several functions to provide recommendation on a path forward. Candidate will also be an integral team member to the ongoing and future development of programmatic material cost management strategy.
* Act as a liaison for programmatic material alignment between Production and Controls, Program Finance, Operations Finance, Contracts, and the Supply Chain Organization
* Work with SCAs and Buyers for PO creation and maintenance. Also includes working in conjunction with Accounting for Invoice Distribution Corrections, Supplier Financing, Invoice Resolution, and Payment Terms Analysis
* Assist Supply Chain Management in set up of, creation of, data gathering, analysis, and interpretation of financial data (including but not limited to SDRLs, and CDRLs)
* Work closely with the Earned Value Team to more closely align material budgets and interpret Supply Chain Organization needs as required
* Advise and direct SCM Management and Program Management of foreseen problems
* Read Proposals/Quotes, Purchase Orders, BOEs, the mBOM to be able to develop cost analysis comparisons
Other Areas of Focus:
* Work with Supply Chain Program Management and Finance to support weekly and monthly performance metrics
* Understand the impact of contract changes on supply chain budgets
* Analyze parameters including cost, timelines, technical functions, benefits, and risk
* Provide performance analysis on cost, SLAs, and the associated variance analysis as needed
* Interfaces and collaborates with team members, stakeholders and management to anticipate and manage changes to projects and operations, such as, but not limited to, technical requirements, manufacturing needs, indirect rate management, and schedule changes.
* Communicate abnormalities or variances to senior leadership and identify areas of risk
* Document procedural changes and work with Business Systems Team and Process Improvement Team where these needs fit the business and require business-wide change
Required Education, Experience, & Skills
The Supply Chain Finance Analyst will require a solid understanding of core financial processes in a defense-contracting environment. Past experience in program finance, earned value, budgets, financial planning & analysis, cost accounting, and/or operational finance highly preferred. Demonstrated knowledge of the procurement and material flow process also a plus.
Requires a high degree of competency in MS Excel. Analyst should have the ability to construct complex nested functions along with a strong familiarity with lookups, pivot tables, and production of charts and other management visuals. Experience with Oracle EBS R12 and Oracle BI Enterprise Edition (OBIEE) or other related reporting systems also preferred.
Candidates should have an eye for continuous improvement, and be ready and willing to improve upon existing reports and processes. Success requires ability to develop solutions with cross-functional inputs.
About BAE Systems Platforms & Services BAE Systems, Inc. is the U.S. subsidiary of BAE Systems plc, an international defense, aerospace and security company which delivers a full range of products and services for air, land and naval forces, as well as advanced electronics, security, information technology solutions and customer support services. Improving the future and protecting lives is an ambitious mission, but it's what we do at BAE Systems. Working here means using your passion and ingenuity where it counts - defending national security with breakthrough technology, superior products, and intelligence solutions. As you develop the latest technology and defend national security, you will continually hone your skills on a team-making a big impact on a global scale. At BAE Systems, you'll find a rewarding career that truly makes a difference.
The Platforms & Services (P&S) sector under BAE Systems, Inc does the big stuff: the armored combat vehicles, naval guns, missile launchers, and naval ship repair…just to name a few. Our employees take pride in the work they do and why they do it. They are on the front lines every day, building our products to protect the lives of those who serve. We may be biased, but we think P&S does some of the coolest work around, and we think you will too.
At BAE Systems, we celebrate the array of skills, experiences, and perspectives our employees bring to the table. For us, differences are a source of strength. We're laser-focused on high performance, and we work hard every day to nurture an inclusive culture where all employees can innovate and thrive. Here, you will not only build your career, but you will also enjoy work-life balance, uncover new experiences, and collaborate with passionate colleagues.