Senior Data Technology Analyst
Employment Type: Full-Time
We are searching for a Senior Data Technology Analyst/Architect to serve within Enterprise Claims Technology organization. The Senior Data Technology Analyst/Architect will support data solutions development and the application teams delivering such solutions on the Claims Operational Data Store. The following responsibilities include: Provide technical leadership, architecture and design guidance and development support to Claims applications onboarding to ODS. Create, Publish and enforce the data architecture, best practices, design patterns, data governance, data quality, system KPI management and Frameworks for reuse. Perform architecture, design and code reviews for complex applications. Ensure development teams are adhering to strategic architecture principles. Serve as a fully seasoned, technically proficient resource; routine accountability is for technical knowledge and capabilities as a team member or as an individual contributor. Will not have direct-reports but will influence and direct activities of a team related to special initiatives or operations. Influence, Negotiate and Lead technology alternative evaluations and implementations across the Technology and Line of Business organizations.
* 10+ years' experience in design and creation of Oracle SQL and ETL based frameworks applying good/strong data modeling skills. Be able to design the conceptual, logical and physical data models necessary to support the analytic data requirements for various department reporting needs. Should be comfortable working with both systems and data.
* Responsible for independently conducting quantitative analytics. Leads efforts in development of new models, analytic processes or system approaches. Creates documentation for all activities and may work with technology staff in design of any system to run models developed. Incumbents possess excellent quantitative/analytic skills and are able to influence strategic direction, as well as develop tactical plans.
* Improving and streamlining processes regarding data flow and data quality to improve data accuracy, viability and value. Challenges data and information integrity. Works as a business partner that provides decision support to various LOB unit leaders. Conducts special studies to analyze complex financial actions and prepares recommendations for policy, procedure, control or action. Develops models and provides input and feedback to improve the ability to plan and control financial and business drivers
* Participate in the ongoing development and operations of a business intelligence architecture that enables fact-based decision making and ad hoc analysis and insight generation.
* 2+ year's experience in developing Tableau and any other BI Tools.
* Operational Data Store modeling, design and development
* Design and prototype new analyses, reports, applications and systems
* Enhancing old processes and defining new ones
* Data mining and producing novel reports for management
* Works closely with Line of Business Client to develop and enhance SQL data base solution
* Strong Oracle development experience 7+ years
* Expertise in creating and maintaining data models and high performing ETL routines (i.e. DataStage, Infomatica, Alteryx)
* Strong PL/SQL and data analysis experience
* Strong Excel Skills with pivots and graphs
* Candidate must have strong analytical, problem solving, and communication skills
* Bachelor degree or equivalent in a quantitative field such as computer science, mathematics, engineering, finance, etc.
* Must be comfortable conducting process reengineering 'Solve' sessions
* Program in an agile, fast paced, accelerated development environment
* Solid Team player member on a development team, Problem solver, Technical intrigue
* Works under minimal supervision, with general guidance from management
1st shift (United States of America)
Hours Per Week: