Executive Loan Officer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Under the direction of the Retail Sales Manager, the Executive Residential Loan Officer is responsible for building external referral opportunities, marketing the bank's mortgage products, guiding customers through the entire loan process, and collaborating with the mortgage team to meet our goals. Candidates should be familiar with the variety of loan programs including Conforming, Non-Conforming, Saleable or Portfolio and VA Loans. A strong Realtor referral network is preferred as well as established relationships throughout the local community. An Executive RLO must have strong technical skills and solid understanding of the different mortgage program features and benefits. If applicable or appropriate, assists in business unit's compliance with applicable laws, regulations, regulatory requirements and Bank policies and procedures, including but not limited to those related to Fair Banking, Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations, Bank Secrecy Act and USA PATRIOT Act.
* Interviews applicants to determine their ability to qualify for residential mortgage products and cross sells other Bank of Hawaii products and services that meet the customers' needs
* Analyzes the applicant's current and recent income, credit and debt picture in order to qualify them for the correct loan amount and program that best fits their needs.
* Understands and communicates federal and state regulations to the consumer. Uses this understanding to deliver adequate disclosures and accurate information on rates, programs and Bank of Hawaii policies.
* Makes officer calls to real estate broker offices and others in the real estate field to generate and maintain business. Attends open houses and real estate meetings and makes presentations to groups in the real estate and related fields.
* Makes recommendations regarding loan approval to the chief underwriter with backup data to support the recommendation. This includes accurately assembling customer files and obtaining the documentation necessary to meet investor standards.
* Inputs customer information into a computer processing system and monitors the flow of loans through the system to meet successful closing dates.
* Answers phone inquiries and uses the phone and computer system to communicate information to customers about products and qualifications.
* Performs all other miscellaneous responsibilities and duties as assigned.
CREDIT REPORT REQUIREMENT: A credit report mandated by the Dodd-Frank Act to ensure demonstrated financial responsibility. The report is to be obtained and accepted no later than 30 days from employment or transfer date. If not accepted, employment may be terminated.
REGISTRATION REQUIREMENT: Registration with the Nationwide Mortgage Licensing System & Registry. If not yet registered, registration to be completed and accepted no later than 30 days from employment or transfer date. If not registered and accepted, employment may be terminated.
* Education: Associate's degree from an accredited institution or equivalent work experience.
* Experience: Minimum 3 - 5 years of experience in the mortgage banking industry resulting in a good understanding of the loan process, qualifying criteria, individual product parameters and regulatory requirements or equivalent work experience. Must have a good understanding of deposit products and at least 3 years of experience selling mortgages and any consumer banking product.
* Technical Skills: Demonstrated proficiency with personal computers in a networked environment and Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Internet Explorer) or similar software. Ability to use a HP financial calculator. Knowledge of or ability to use Bank software and systems.
* Other Job Qualifications: Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills. Must be analytical, detail oriented, organized. Able to meet deadlines and handle multiple priorities. Must have good math skills and ability to read and understand credit reports. Able to review and analyze large amounts of information and determine the appropriate loan product and type. Must have good follow up and customer service skills. Able to work flexible hours including holidays, weekends and evenings as needed or assigned. Must be able to provide own transportation or to operate a vehicle with a valid driver's license, and commute as required. Travels by air as required. Must be able to lift 25 lbs.
As a Bank of Hawaii employee, you ensure (or assist with ensuring) compliance with applicable laws, regulations, regulatory requirements and Bank policies and procedures, including but not limited to those related to Fair Banking, Anti-Money Laundering laws and regulations, Bank Secrecy Act and USA PATRIOT Act.
Delivering exceptional customer experiences is at the heart of what we do at Bank of Hawaii. We listen, understand and deliver what our customers need to help them build a better tomorrow.
We are committed to fully complying in letter and in spirit with all Equal Opportunity Employment and Affirmative Action laws and regulations. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, including gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, citizenship, ancestry, age, marital status, genetic information, domestic or sexual violence victim status, disability, protected veteran status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law. We also foster a drug-free work environment.