Warehouse Supervisor - 2nd Shift
Employment Type: Full-Time
The most exciting thing about Bargain Hunt is our growth!
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
* Provide supervision to assigned employees by training and mentoring while providing advice with regards to achieving production goals.
* Provide hands on knowledge and task management to assigned employees while exhibiting experienced leadership skills during daily operations.
* Provide daily work assignments to assigned employees.
* Overview and enforce procedures involving record keeping, work instructions, and other standard operational and work practices.
* Meet key performance metrics and/or productivity goals.
* Oversee non conveyable production process and personnel to ensure work meets quality standards and is performed according to established procedures.
* Implement procedures and systems to maximize non conveyable production efficiencies.
* Set ambitious production goals and communicate them to assigned employees.
* Provide motivation, support and guidance to assigned employees.
* Communicate any problems or obstacles to Senior Manager of Non Conveyable Production.
* Monitor non conveyable production to resolve issues.
* Operate lift trucks, pallet jacks, and other equipment to safely move product to proper locations as needed.
* Maintain a positive work environment by acting and clearly communicating in a manner to build strong relationships with assigned employees.
* Comply with safety regulations and maintain clean and orderly work areas.
* Carries out management responsibilities in accordance with Essex's policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities including but not limited to interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning, and directing work; appraising performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; addressing complaints and resolving problems.
* Meet or come in under OSHA recordables/incidents goal.
* Perform miscellaneous duties and projects as assigned and required by the Senior Manager of Non Conveyable Production. Job Specifications and Qualifications
§ High School or general education degree (GED). Associates degree in supply chain or related field a plus.
§ Demonstrated work experience in production supervision.
§ Proven track record of successfully training employees in productivity and safety.
§ Ability to coach and mentor employees on a one-on-one basis as well as a group
§ Warehouse equipment certification required
§ WMS systems and Scan Gun knowledge
§ Knowledgeable of OSHA requirements/regulations
§ Proficient and experienced with MS Office applications
§ Strong decision-making skills and results-driven approach
§ Strong communication skills, both written and oral
§ Ability to successfully engage and lead individual and team discussions and meetings § Attention to detail
§ Ability to lift up to 50 pounds
§ Ability to work in varying temperatures, depending upon season
Bargain Hunt is an equal employment opportunity employer and considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. Bargain Hunt also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law. If you require an accommodation in the application process, please advise Human Resources.
* Pay Type Hourly
* Antioch, Nashville, TN 37013, USA