Senior Team Leader
Employment Type: Full-Time
Under the supervision of the General Manager and/or Assistant General Manager; gives daily direction to the associates within the store, to include: merchandise presentation, inventory control, pricing, sales enhancements, stocking and customer service activities.
1. Supports GSM / DM in achievement of Departmental and Total Sales, Gross Margin, Inventory Shrinkage and Payroll Goals.
2. Provide daily direction to the associates within the departments.
3. Prepare to-do / Task lists.
4. Execute all merchandising directives….i.e. 'Top 25 list', 'Extreme Savings' items, etc. & maintain all plan-o-grams as set by the Corporate Office.
5. Insure a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all customers.
6. Has 'Manager on Duty' responsibilities; including opening and closing the store, and responding to Alarm Calls.
7. Assist the GM / AGM and Human Resources Manager to staff the department with 'service' oriented associates; participates in interviewing and makes recommendations for selection; coordinates training; consults with GM and gives input on preparation of performance appraisals; prepares weekly work schedules; coaches and motivates associates to promote positive customer relations and a productive team-oriented work environment.
8. Resolves customer and associate opportunities with GM / AGM and HR Manager.
9. Maintains a high level of personal Customer Service; achieves better than Company average customer service results (surveys, secret shops, etc.).
10. Remains Product 'expert' through ongoing product knowledge training; conducts product demos to entire staff.
11. Assists the GM / AGM with: coordination of all 'Special Events'; maintenance of pricing and UPC integrity; determining proper assortments; accuracy of inventory; proper display, signing and pricing of all advertised items.
12. Assists the GM / AGM in carrying out Supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the Company's policies and applicable laws, including: interviewing, training, planning, assigning and directing work, measuring and evaluating performance, addressing complaints and resolving problems, maintaining a positive, harassment free working environment for all associates
13. Provide a legendary experience for every customer, every time by assisting customers in making buying decisions by:
identifying and evaluating customers' needs
making product recommendations based off of this analysis
promoting programs including, but not limited to CLUB Membership, VOC and In-Store Pick-up
Education and/or Experience
2-4 years in Retail Sales / Supervision experience is a plus
Mathematical Skills / Reasoning Ability
Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, commissions and percentages.
Ability to read and analyze certain reports. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from Managers, associates, customers and the general public. Ability to conduct meetings and presentations to groups.
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Proficiency with PC-based word processing, spreadsheets, data based management and electronic point of sale and inventory management systems.
Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills. Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, associates, customers and with the Corporate Staff.
Demonstrated use of Team concept of Management.
Other duties, assignments and responsibilities as needed.
Bass Pro Shops