Employment Type: Full-Time
RESTORING MORE THAN PROPERTY
Flooding. Fires. Windstorms. Hundreds of thousands of clients rely on BELFOR Property Restoration each year to rebuild their lives, homes, and businesses. We're Restoring More Than Property.
With BELFOR specialists in every major metropolitan area in the USA ready to respond 24/7/365, we provide the fastest, highest quality service that's unmatched in the industry.
The right response team can mean the difference between recovery and total loss. In the midst of chaos, you need an experienced company with a proven track record and solid relationships with leading insurance providers.
BELFOR is looking for qualified candidates for the following position. BELFOR team members are a unique breed, committed to restoring not only property, but restoring lives for those affected by disasters, large or small.
BELFOR also offers a wide range of benefit options including, but not limited to, 401(k), Medical, Dental, Vision, Disability, Life Insurance, Employee Assistance Program, Paid Holidays and Paid Time Off.
This position is responsible to provide operational support in reconstruction efforts for clients. Qualified Candidate must have extensive carpentry experience and capability of working with little supervision. Candidate must be able to assist with scope development with BELFOR Estimators and run project autonomously. An Intermediate Carpenter will participate in the development of basic level carpenters. Intermediate Development objectives include; 1) expanding capability from residential to commercial and multi-family projects; (2) competence leaded and self-performing emergency services (3) increased material knowledge and proficiency with various carpentry subsets of framing, cabinetry, trim, etc. This position is the level 3 in the Progressive Carpenter track.
* Recognize potential problems with the project and timely request additional guidance and assistance
* Answer most questions regarding the project and direct more specific or complicated questions to the appropriate resource
* Move and protect contents without damage
* Construct appropriate containment for construction dust, dirt and airborne contaminant in working area
* Using appropriate tools and accepted BELFOR methods, perform tasks related to floodcutting, salvaging and labeling baseboards, cabinets, doors, etc.
* Attend and successfully complete shrink wrap training and complete 4 projects containing shrink wrap
* Develop ability to identify the different types of insulation, their thickness and their respective R-value
* Apply learned skills and materials knowledge relative to Trim, Doors, Cabinetry, Insulation, Rough Framing, acoustical Ceilings, Roofing materials, and Exterior Siding to daily tasks
* Perform Daily vehicle safety and maintenance inspections and maintain in clean serviceable condition
* Must maintain attention to detail
* Will be required to meet BELFOR Standards in safeguarding other people's property
* Must have a comprehensive understanding of customer service, principles and practices
* Work under time constraints to meet specific timelines
* Will be required to work nights and weekends as requested and travel periodically
* Report time worked and equipment and consumables used timely and accurately
* Attend BELFOR sponsored operations and safety training courses as required
* Supervision of unskilled labor, Basic Level BELFOR employees, and the occasional sub-contractor in any residential setting
* Answer simple questions about the project and when to defer questions to more qualified personnel
* Maintaining equipment used in daily tasks
* Perform emergency services as needed - - IE Board Ups, securing building against further damage
* Additional other duties as required
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.