Commercial Roofing Service Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
TITLE: Service Manager
EMPLOYMENT CATEGORY: Regular, Full-Time
LOCATION: Fort Lauderdale - Miami, FL
REPORTS TO: Master Service Manager
SUPERVISES: Service Technicians and Apprentice
Run your crews of Service Technician and Apprentice. Build the project, fix the leaks. Manage the quality, safety, and productivity phases of all the field activities. Maintain a safe, OSHA compliant work site. Ensure key stakeholders (Client, Service Department Manager, Warehouse and Logistics Manager, Accounting, and Sales) are engaged and informed throughout the entire job process. Provide stellar customer service.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Project Management -
* Must have 'roofer' skill set. Job requires trouble shooting roof problems and training of personnel in proper repair and installation methods.
* May need to step in and support crew members as business requires.
* Adhere to Best Roofing Fundamentals
* Oversee all assigned personnel. Understand product specification and scope of work requirements and communicate same to Service Technician.
* Manage Warranty work to capture lessons learned from call backs. Visit site with crew on all call back work to assure there is no 3rd call back.
* Communicate project status to clients upon completion or as milestones are accomplished.
* Review and confirm FCS invoicing for your assigned area on a daily basis.
* Achieve Project Budget Objectives. Review job costs and understand the status of all projects. Communicate all lessons learned to Sales Team when budget discrepancy noted. (Note - this doesn't apply to T&M projects)
* Follow up on a weekly basis for invoices that are not paid.
* Ensure your accounts are collected. Monitor accounts for payment within terms.
* Maintain safe worksites.
* Assure all crews receive monthly Jobsite Safety review.
* Participate on Safety committee.
* Obtain OSHA 10 status.
* Process 'order taking' calls and 'Hot Sheet/QwikBid' sales opportunities.
* FCS - Preform inspections on properties as required in support sales efforts.
* Achieve individual, departmental, and company gross profit objectives.
* 0 lost-time accidents on projects you manage; maintain a safe work environment at all times.
* Warranty call-back rate of <20% on projects you manage.
* Individual performance in accordance with the Best Roofing wheel of success. Fair, Firm and Consistent.
* Roofing Industry knowledge. Leak stopper.
* Excellent math and English language (written and verbal) skills.
* Manager of others, understands how to accomplish tasks through effective communication.
* Good planning, ability to multitask multiple jobs simultaneously, comfortable in fast paced environment.
* Good communicator, bi-lingual English/Spanish preferred.
* Computer literate.
* Good organizational skills.
* Follows up timely with both customers and employees.
* Possesses a high set of moral and ethical standards.
* A coach and mentor, ability to train technicians in the roofing trade.
* Competitive annual salary.
* Semi-annual potential based on achieving key result metrics.
* Paid time off available after waiting period.
* Health, dental, vision, life, and AFLAC insurances available after waiting period.
* 401k with Company match available after waiting period.
* Company vehicle, tablet, and cell phone provided.