Employment Type: Full-Time
'The Largest Independent Established Multi-Specialty Group in Central North Carolina is Seeking a CFO to join our Team'
VOTED 'BUSINESS OF THE YEAR' 2018
VOTED ONE OF THE 'FASTEST GROWING COMPANIES IN THE TRIAD' 2019
Our mission at BMC is to provide excellent care through a Multi-Specialty approach from prevention to intervention of potentially life-threatening health problems.
As part of an executive management team, the Chief Financial Officer is responsible for organization's overall financial plans, policies and accounting practices. They will lead and administer the organization's budgeting processes. The CFO will direct treasury, budgeting, audit, tax and accounting activities for the organization. They will establish financial reporting systems with controls and standards to safeguard Bethany Medical's assets and ensure accurate and timely financial information. They will develop accounting and statistical data. The CFO must display a cohesive ability at interpersonal and communication skills, both verbally and written and must be able to engage with staff at all levels of the organization and exercise sound and ethical judgement.
Essential Job Responsibilities:
* Plan, develop, organize, implement, direct and evaluate the organization's fiscal function and performance to include oversight of all financial related systems.
* Participate in the development of the corporation's plans and programs as a strategic partner. Evaluate and advise on the impact of long- range planning, introduction of new programs/strategies and regulatory action.
* Owns the budgeting process and develops credibility by providing timely and accurate analysis of budgets, financial reports and financial trends in order to assist the CEO, President and Vice Presidents.
* Enhance and/or develop, implement and enforce policies and procedures of the organization by way of systems that will improve the overall operation and effectiveness of the corporation and ensure fiscal compliance.
* Establish credibility with CEO, President, Vice Presidents, senior management team and throughout the organization.
* Continual improvement of the budgeting process through developing capability in department managers on financial issues impacting department budgets.
* Provide strategic financial input and leadership on decision making issues affecting the organization; i.e., multi-site, multi-specialty operations and ancillary operations, etc.
* Optimize the handling of bank and deposit relationships and initiate appropriate strategies to enhance cash position.
* Develop a reliable cash flow projection process and reporting mechanism that includes minimum cash threshold to meet operating needs. Works with Revenue Cycle Manager to achieve the set goals and drive continual improvement.
* Be an advisor from the financial perspective on any contracts into which the corporation may enter. This includes ownership and expertise in Managed care / payer contract comprehension and oversight.
* Provide Leadership and Oversight by direct report to the following department areas: Medical Records, Accounting, Information Systems/Compliance, Materials Management, Business office operations.
* Enact cost optimization and negotiate pricing with vendors.
* Strategic Leadership- The ability to set long-term strategies for the organization and develop comprehensive actions to achieve those chosen strategies.
* Organization Engagement- The ability to communicate to groups within the organization in an engaging and motivational manner with the objective of moving the organization toward chosen strategies and goals.
* Speaking - Talking to others to convey information effectively.
* Critical Thinking - Using logic and reasoning to identify the strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or approaches to problems.
* Active Listening - Giving full attention to what other people are saying, taking time to understand the points being made, asking questions as appropriate, and not interrupting at inappropriate times.
* Judgment and Decision Making- Considering the relative costs and benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate one.
Experience and Education:
* Ideal Candidate will have a Master's degree in Accounting or related field.
* Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration a must.
* Minimum ten (10) years of experience in Healthcare Accounting.
* Prior CFO experience of at least three (3) years preferred in a multi-specialty practice setting.
Bethany Medical offers a full benefits package to include:
* Competitive Annual Salary
* Employee medical/dental/vision insurance. Family coverage available at discounted rate.
* 401K with company matching
* Employee Life Insurance
* Employee Short Term Disability
* Incentive based monthly bonus program
* Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
About Bethany Medical Center:
Bethany Medical Center is the largest independent established multi-specialty group in Central North Carolina, serving the Triad and surrounding communities for over 32 years. Bethany Medical Center is open 7 days a week, with 9 convenient locations and 12 practices in Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point, North Wilkesboro and Mt Airy, North Carolina. We have grown to provide the facilities, staff and support to offer urgent care, primary care, diagnostic testing, outpatient ancillary and specialty care services onsite. Bethany Medical Center is staffed with board certified physicians and providers representing 16 medical specialties. Practice staff members are known for treating each patient with prompt personalized care and attention. Bethany Medical Center employs over 55 providers and over 550 employees. You are invited to visit our website at www.bethanymedicalcenter.com.
About the Triad:
The Triad area includes Greensboro (3rd Largest City in NC), Winston Salem, High Point and surrounding area. The Triad is centrally located in NC with a population of 1.7 million. The Triad is 1 hour from the mountains and 3 hours from the beach. Charlotte and Raleigh are 1.5 hours from the Triad. The Triad offers all the amenities of a larger city without all the traffic. The Piedmont Triad International Airport is conveniently located in Greensboro with convenient non-stop flights to most major cities. Enjoy an outstanding quality of life with no shortage of arts, entertainment, recreation, shopping, and hundreds of restaurants. The Triad is home to 85 colleges and universities including Wake Forest University, High Point University, UNC-Greensboro, NC A&T, Guilford College, Bennett College and Greensboro College.