Pediatric ICU Nurse Practitioner - PRN
Information About this Position
Company and Job Overview
- Non-Benefit Eligible
- PRN Schedule
- 12 Hour Shifts
- Weekend & Holiday Commitment as Required by Department
St. Louis Children’s Hospital is dedicated to improving the health and lives of children. As one of the top-ranked children’s hospitals in the country, St. Louis Children’s provides care in more than 50 specialty areas through a dedicated team of physicians, nurses, staff and volunteers. Along with inpatient and outpatient medical care, the hospital offers education, wellness and injury-prevention programs to fulfill its mission to “do what’s right for kids.”
Providing comprehensive, high-quality care and serving as an advocate for children has been St. Louis Children’s commitment since its inception in 1879. Today, the hospital serves patients and families across a 300-mile service area, and has seen patients from all 50 states and more than 80 countries.
St. Louis Children’s consistently ranks among America’s Best Children’s Hospitals by U.S.News & World Report in all surveyed categories. In 2021, St. Louis Children’s was one of eight children’s hospitals to rank in the top 25 of all 10 specialties. The hospital’s academic and physician partner, Washington University School of Medicine, is one of the top-ranked medical schools in the United States. Since 2005, St. Louis Children’s has been designated as a Magnet® hospital for nursing excellence from the American Nurses Credentialing Center® (ANCC).
Utilizes a high degree of knowledge, skill and competence in a specialized area of nursing to diagnose, prescribe, and treat seriously/critically ill pediatric or neonatal patients within the scope of a formal collaborative practice agreement with physician(s) to support a designated clinical service.
- Participates in professional development and life long learning.
- Assumes a leadership role within a specific clinical specialty.
- Manages care to meet the specialized physiologic and psychological needs of patients with complex acute, critical, and chronic health conditions including the recognition and management of emerging crises and organ dysfunction and failure. Manages care to patients with complex physiologic conditions and rapidly changing clinical conditions through advanced health assessment, diagnosis, intervention, and evaluation in a collaborative practice agreement with a physician.
- Develops treatment plans, treats patients with acute complex acute, critical, and chronic health conditions in a collaborative practice agreement with a physician.
- Coordinates the care of select patient populations to promote return to optimal state of health and wellness for their condition through education of patients and families, coordination of services and placing referrals.
- BJC has determined this is a safety-sensitive position. The ability to work in a constant state of alertness and in a safe manner is an essential function of this job.
- Master's Degree in Nursing (Accredited NP Program)
- 2-5 years of experience
- Registered Nurse (RN) License
- Nurse Practitioner (NP)-Acute Care
- Doctorate in Nursing (Accredited NP Program)
Note: not all benefits apply to all openings
- Comprehensive medical, dental, life insurance, and disability plan options
- Pension Plan*/403(b) Plan
- 401(k) plan
- Tuition Assistance
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts
- On-Site Fitness Center (depending on location)
- Paid Time Off Program for vacation, holiday and sick time
*Pension does not apply to Memorial Hospital, Memorial Hospital East, Alton Memorial or Parkland Health Center
The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees in this position. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
Equal Opportunity Employer