Software Simulation Testbed Developer, Cloud - Human Landing System
Employment Type: Full-Time
As part of a passionate and accomplished team, you will support the development of the integrated software simulation testbed for the Human Landing System (HLS). In a fast-paced dynamic environment, you will support the integration of the software across the three elements of the HLS vehicle. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and attention towards safe and reliable spaceflight.
You'll be a primary architect and developer for implementing a first of its kind integrated simulation utilizing cloud technology. This work is critical to support flexible training efforts, from astronauts to mission controllers, these contribution will ensure mission safety and success.
* Lead the design and development of the integrated simulation cloud infrastructure
* Work with stakeholders to understand requirements and iteratively design and develop applications and systems to meet their needs.
* Evaluate and integrate cloud-based services as platforms for your work, including storage options, delivery networks, and message queues.
* Provide on-call support for the team's systems as part of a rotation, diagnosing and fixing software problems at multiple levels, including installation, deployment, configuration, server side and client side issues.
* Strong and active development skills in C/C++ and Python
* Demonstrated skill at deploying production distributed systems to Amazon Web Services or similar using systems like Terraform, GitLab, Docker, and Kubernetes.
* Deep working knowledge of computer science fundamentals like algorithms and data structures.
* B.S. computer science, electrical engineering or related technical discipline
* 5+ years relevant experience writing web applications in a production environment
* Ability to solve problems by writing efficient working code, even when given incomplete or ambiguous requirements.
* Excellent attention to detail and strong task ownership, someone who demonstrates pride in all work and willingness to perform low-level tasks when needed.
* Desire to work hands-on, both independently and as part of a team, throughout the development, review, deployment, and support phases of the software product lifecycle.
* Ability to earn trust, maintain positive and professional relationships, and contribute to a culture of inclusion.
* Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
* Experience with distributed simulation implementation standards such as High-Level Architecture (HLA) or Distributed Interactive Simulation (DIS).
* Experience integrating with NASA software simulation environments such as TRICK.
* Experience writing software that efficiently handles the production, distribution and storage of large data sets.
* Experience developing software for hardware in the loop testing
* Strong debugging skills at the software/hardware boundary, and familiarity with software verification approaches
* Experience leading development of software simulation testbed for a complex physical system
* Experience developing, verifying, certifying and releasing mission and safety-critical software systems that comply with DO-178, ISO 26262, IEC 61508, or similar guidelines.
* Experience with mission operations and ground data systems
* Familiarity with hardware emulation systems (e.g. Simics)
* Experience using and customizing continuous integration systems
* Familiarity with electrical and electronic engineering concepts
* Solid understanding of IP networking concepts
* Experience using MATLAB and Simulink
* Experience with communications protocols and hardware drivers
* Familiarity with GNC systems and 6DOF dynamics
* Experience with tools such as DOORs Next Generation (DNG), Gitlab, SVN, Docker, Jenkins, Docker Swarm, Packer, Kubernetes, Ansible
* Master of Science in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or related disciplines.
* 8+ years industry experience on large engineering systems
To conform to U.S. Government commercial space technology export regulations, including the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR), 8 U.S.C. § 1324b(a)(3), applicants for employment at Blue Origin must be a U.S. citizen or national, lawfully admitted for permanent residence into the U.S. (i.e. current green card holder), or lawfully admitted as a refugee or granted asylum under 8 U.S.C. § 1157-1158. Learn more about the ITAR here.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Blue Origin is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer and is committed to attracting, retaining, and developing a highly qualified, diverse, and dedicated work force. Blue Origin hires and promotes people on the basis of their qualifications, performance, and abilities. We support the establishment and maintenance of a workplace that fosters trust, equality, and teamwork, in which all employees recognize and appreciate the diversity of individual team members. We provide all qualified applicants for employment and employees with equal opportunities for hire, promotion, and other terms and conditions of employment, regardless of their race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin/ethnicity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, and/or local law. Blue Origin will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. For more information on 'EEO Is the Law,' please see here and here.
Affirmative Action and Disability Accommodation
Applicants wishing to view a copy of Blue Origin's Affirmative Action Plans, or applicants requiring a reasonable accommodation in order to participate in the application and/or interview process, please contact us at EEOCompliance@blueorigin.com.