Speech Language Pathologist
Employment Type: Full-Time
Are you passionate about enhancing lives?
Blue Stone Therapy is currently seeking a progressive, outcomes-focused Speech Language Pathologist to join our team and provide treatment interventions for our clients in a skilled nursing facility. We are an Iowa based therapy company, providing leading edge, skilled, outpatient and acute therapy services to rural and urban markets.
Our purpose is 'Building Strength to Enhance Lives'. The future is now. Apply today!
The Speech Language Pathologist participates directly in the evaluation, care plan development and delivery of treatment interventions and services related to swallowing disorders, dysphagia, and communication disorders, in accordance with state practice guidelines. This position provides direct patient care to primarily adult and geriatric patients.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE (but not limited to)
* Provides screenings and evaluations to determine requirements for skilled speech therapy intervention relative to patient's prior level of function. This includes, but is not limited to the following areas: swallowing disorders, dysphagia, communication disorders to include motor-speech and language disorders, therapeutic interventions that focus on cognitive function (eg, attention, memory, reasoning, executive function, problem solving, and/or pragmatic functioning), cognitive language deficits, voice disorders, discharge planning, development of maintenance programs and other related patient care issues.
* Develops and implements treatment plans that focus on functional and measurable outcomes and adheres to professional standards of practice.
* Assures that speech therapy intervention is based on physicians' orders and in accordance with standard practice guidelines.
* Where licensed, provides appropriate supervision for speech language pathologists assistants in compliance with licensure, regulatory and company requirements.
* Maintains appropriate patient schedules as per established guidelines.
* Provides documentation to maintain accuracy and quality of medical records, in order to comply with reimbursement guidelines, and company requirements.
* Participates in patient, family and assigned meetings as appropriate.
* Follows administrative, company policies and procedures.
* Coordinates and/or participates in training programs for, patients, families and rehabilitation staff.
* Initiates new program development with focus on functional outcomes to improve the quality of life of the patients served.
* Participates in continuous quality improvement activities.
* Establishes and implements restorative nursing programs, as necessary, in conjunction with restorative nursing department efforts to provide appropriate comprehensive care to patients.
* Refers residents to appropriate discipline (OT, PT, nursing, etc.) as necessary, to ensure the most appropriate care is provided to the patients.
* Masters' Degree in Speech-Language Pathology from an accredited program
* Valid license or eligible for licensure to practice Speech-Language Pathology in applicable state(s).
* High level communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Effective leadership and customer relationship skills.
* Ability to exercise mature judgment with initiative in analyzing and solving problems.
Blue Stone Therapy is proud to offer the following benefits to eligible staff:
* Group Medical and Dental Insurance
* Company Paid Life Insurance
* Supplemental Benefit Plans (Voluntary Life, etc.)
* Short-Term / Long-Term Disability
* Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
* 401K with Company Match
* Professional Liability Coverage
* Licensure Reimbursement
* Blue Stone Educational Seminars and Training (BEST) CEU Program