Business Development Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
BlueStar is a leading global solutions-based distributor of Point-of-Sale, Bar-coding, data collection, radio frequency identification (RFID), and Wireless mobility products. BlueStar works exclusively with Value Added Reseller Partners, providing them with complete solutions at competitive prices. The company brings unequaled expertise to the market, offers award-winning technical support, and is an authorized service center for a growing number of manufacturers.
BlueStar is currently seeking energetic and ambitious Business Development Manager for its office located in Miramar, FL. All full-time hires are eligible for our complete benefit package (medical, dental, vision, life insurance, and a 401(K) program). Other benefits include competitive pay, paid vacation and holidays, and career advancement opportunities.
The Business Development Manager role is primarily focused on vendor account management.
Essential Job Functions:
A successful candidate must have the ability to:
* Maintenance, support, and relationship development with all existing Vendor's approved/certified/registered resellers and Vendor's Employees.
* Development and execution of the Vendor/BlueStar annual Business Plans for sales regions.
* Assistance in asset management of all Vendor's products and service SKUs.
* Assistance in the training of BlueStar sales staff on Vendor's products, partner programs, promotions, and business policies.
* Management and accountability for the Vendor MDF and Co-op Marketing Funds.
* Cultivate and manage all business relationships with software ISVs 'Independent Software Vendors', and Service Providers that are partnered and support any of Vendor products
* Assist in the development of content for all of the marketing and business development collateral for BlueStar/Vendor micro-sites, catalogs, solution sales sheets, product mailers, newsletters, and other promotional programs.
* Assist other BlueStar BDMs and Partners in the development of Solution Bundles including any of the Vendor's hardware, software, and/or services
* Advise and notify BlueStar's executive management team of all Vendor business activities and concerns via BlueStar's reporting weekly and monthly reporting mechanisms and meetings.
All candidates must have experience in management functions: planning, organizing, directing and controlling financial and material resources which include:
* A solid understanding of accounting principles for budgets, bottom line accountability, MDF and co-op marketing funds.
* Complete understanding of all aspects of added value business development.
* Experience in management by exception, with the ability to monitor operating results of implemented plans and compare the expected results with the actual results.
* Must be an excellent communicator, face to face and over the phone
* Ability to publicly speak to small groups
* Proficient with the Microsoft Office Suite IE: Word, Excel, Power Point
* Writing skills must be sharp and defined
* Understand distribution models and basic concepts of reseller channels
* Knowledge of the POS and AIDC channel is a plus
* Candidates must have a four-year college degree
* Candidates must be bilingual in English and Spanish