IT Business Consultant II - IT RDM Biometry & Data Science
Industry: Information Technology
As a member of the IT Research, Development & Medicine (RDM) Biometry & Data Science team, the IT Business Consultant II serves as a trusted advisor to the global Animal Health and Human Pharma business functions acting as the primary point of contact and interface between the IT department and key stakeholders throughout the lifecycle of short-term and long-term projects. The IT Business Consultant II represents Boehringer Ingelheim IT to the business functions, promoting the IT vision, value, services, and capabilities. In addition, the IT Business Consultant II partners with key functional stakeholders, Boehringer Ingelheim IT, and vendor solution providers in the development of business/functional requirements. The IT Business Consultant II analyzes the Animal Health and Human Pharma processes and identifies process improvements and system enhancements together with the business functions. The IT Business Consultant II consults with various internal and external stakeholders on the newest technology trends and their broader implications with the Animal Health and Human Pharma business functions.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities\:
- Business Consultancy\: Influences IT-related business decisions through a consistent and direct engagement of clients at all levels in the Animal Health and Human Pharma business domains. Demonstrates a thorough understanding of these business domains, including key business processes, and develops an understanding of interactions with surrounding business domains. Achieves influence through an acknowledged recognition of client needs and corresponding IT opportunities. Communicates with clients in business terms. Independently proposes improved business processes, and with supervision, proposes new business processes, introducing innovation where possible. Addresses all other aspects of the IT Business Partnering Business Consultancy role.
- Trend Scouting\: Screens for digital trends and assesses relevance for the business.
- Innovation Networking\: Develops an external innovation network and participates in industry/technology related conventions.
- Project Management\: Independently for a small project and with supervision for a large project, plans, organizes and oversees resources to achieve the goals and objectives of that project. Addresses all other aspects of the IT Business Partnering Project Manager role.
- Demand Management\: Independently performs a liaison function between the business and internal providers of technical services. In close partnership with key business stakeholders, matches and independently prioritizes demands on IT services to maximize value to the business. Addresses all other aspects of the IT Business Partnering Demand Management role.
- Domain Architecture\: Demonstrates Domain Architect capabilities as per IT Business Partnering Domain Architect role.
- Program Management\: Demonstrates Program Management capabilities as per IT Business Partnering Program Management role.
- Vendor and Contract Management\: Manages vendors and lead support contract negotiations in the context of operational, project, or innovation scouting activities.
- Bachelors/Masters degree (or equivalent); progressive IT and business experience of 2-7 years is preferred.
- Advanced business process knowledge, and a demonstrated capability to apply technology solutions in addressing business issues.
- Experience working with consultant resources and external creative and technical personnel in a fast-paced and complex project environment.
- Previous experience managing business priorities and projects across multiple business areas.
- Demonstrated project management capability based on the successful completion of multiple projects.
- Strong communication skills, and advanced relationship development and management capabilities.
- Advanced foundation in and understanding of\: 1) methodologies for system design, development, and implementation; 2) all phases of the Project Implementation life cycle; 3) validation and regulatory requirements. Preferred technical skills include the use of prototyping tools. Must be aware of current and new technologies & their applicability to the business.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
Must be 18 years of age or older
Who We Are\:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal\: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to a person’s actual or perceived race, including natural hairstyles, hair texture and protective hairstyles; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital status; gender, gender identity or expression; sexual orientation, mental, physical or intellectual disability, veteran status; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law.