IT Business Consultant II - Marketing & Sales
Employment Type: Full-Time
The IT Business Consultant II- Marketing & Sales, Customer Facing Excellence, provides demand management, business consultancy, project management and information technology-related services to assigned business clients. In addition, the IT Business Consultant II demonstrates program management and domain architecture capabilities. Through ongoing consultation with business clients, the IT Business Consultant II identifies and analyzes business needs, influences and negotiates scope and requirements, manages demands across functional areas and through to completion, and provides innovative recommendations for process changes and/or technology-enabled solutions. The IT Business Consultant II leads and manages IT projects from beginning to end, which includes defining project scope and deliverables that support Business goals and strategies. The IT Business Consultant II is responsible for engaging clients in analyzing, prioritizing and governing demand for IT services; accountable for all such IT services; and responsible for insuring that projects realize their intended Business benefits and bring value to the organization. Successful projects are expected to contribute to the overall performance of the Business and/or IT organization.
As an employee of Boehringer Ingelheim, you will actively contribute to the discovery, development and delivery of our products to our patients and customers. Our global presence provides opportunity for all employees to collaborate internationally, offering visibility and opportunity to directly contribute to the companies' success. We realize that our strength and competitive advantage lie with our people. We support our employees in a number of ways to foster a healthy working environment, meaningful work, diversity and inclusion, mobility, networking and work-life balance. Our competitive compensation and benefit programs reflect Boehringer Ingelheim's high regard for our employees.
Duties & Responsibilities:
* Business Consultancy: Influences IT-related business decisions through a consistent and direct engagement of clients at all levels in one business doman. Demonstrates a thorough understanding of that business domain, including key business processes, and develops an understanding of interactions with surrounding business domains. Achieves influence through an acknowledged recognition of client needs and corresponding IT opportunities. Communicates with clients in business terms. Independently proposes improved business/technical processes, and with supervision, proposes new business processes, introducing innovation where possible. Addresses all other aspects of the IT Business Partnering Business Consultancy role.
* Project Management: Independently for a small project and with supervision for a large project, plans, organizes and oversees resources to achieve the goals and objectives of that project. Addresses all other aspects of the IT Business Partnering Project Manager role including working cross-functionally.
* Demand Management: Independently performs a liaison function between the business and internal providers of technical services. In close partnership with key business stakeholders, matches and independently prioritizes demands on IT services to maximize value to the business. Addresses all other aspects of the IT Business Partnering Demand Management role.
* Domain Architecture: Demonstrates Domain Architect capabilities as per IT Business Partnering Domain Architect role.
* Program Management: Demonstrates Program Management capabilities as per IT Business Partnering Program Management role.
* Bachelor/Master degree from an accredited institution preferred or equivalent experience; progressive IT and business experience of 2-7 years is preferred
* Advanced business process knowledge, and a demonstrated capability to apply technology solutions in addressing business issues
* Experience working with consultant/vendor resources and external technical personnel in a fast-paced and complex project environment
* Previous experience managing business priorities and projects across multiple business areas preferred
* Demonstrated project management capability based on the successful completion of multiple projects
* Strong communication skills, and advanced relationship development and management capabilities preferred
* Strong aptitude for learning and proactiveness preferred
* Demonstrated ability to make timely decisions with well-balanced analysis and intuitiveness, particarly in challenging situations preferred.
* Prior experience with Salesforce.com platforms and/or Veeva CRM, Veeva Align and/or Axtria SalesIQ preferred
* Experience with working with Agile, Scrum, Design Thinking, and/or DevOps preferred
* Experience working in Life Sciences industry preferred
* Advanced foundation in and understanding of: 1) methodologies for system design, development, and implementation; 2) all phases of the Project Implementation life cycle; 3) validation and regulatory requirements. Preferred technical skills include the use of prototyping tools. Must be aware of current and new technologies & their applicability to the business.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States without restriction.
Must be willing to take a drug test and post-offer physical (if required)
Must be 18 years of age or older
Who We Are:
At Boehringer Ingelheim we create value through innovation with one clear goal: to improve the lives of patients. We develop breakthrough therapies and innovative healthcare solutions in areas of unmet medical need for both humans and animals. As a family owned company we focus on long term performance. We are powered by 50.000 employees globally who nurture a diverse, collaborative and inclusive culture. Learning and development for all employees is key because your growth is our growth.
Want to learn more? Visit boehringer-ingelheim.com and join us in our effort to make more health.
Boehringer Ingelheim is an equal opportunity global employer who takes pride in maintaining a diverse and inclusive culture. We embrace diversity of perspectives and strive for an inclusive environment, which benefits our employees, patients and communities. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to a person's actual or perceived race; color; creed; religion; national origin; age; ancestry; citizenship status, marital status; gender, gender identity or expression; sexual orientation, mental, physical or intellectual disability, veteran status; pregnancy, childbirth or related medical condition; genetic information (including the refusal to submit to genetic testing) or any other class or characteristic protected by applicable law.