National Security Space Capture Team Lead
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job ID 00000228875 Date posted 12/16/2020 Location Los Angeles, California; El Segundo, California Company
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We're committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that's welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing, Defense, Space & Security (BDS) in El Segundo, California, is seeking a National Security Space Capture Team Lead to help our National Security Space customers invent the future! We lead the space industry in providing the most agile, innovative, and preferred space systems and mission enablers that connect and protect our world.
Advanced Missions and Programs (AM&P) is seeking a Global Sales and Marketing (GS&M) Capture Team Lead for National Security Space programs in the Government Satellite Systems organization. We are part of the GS&M function for DoD, IC, and Civil satellite business in Boeing Space and Launch. We focus on the development of customer mission solutions and growing the business. GS&M Capture Team Leads develop and deliver end-to-end space and ground mission solutions for national security space agencies, allied partners, and commercial industry through innovation, targeted investment, and unparalleled customer understanding.
The National Security Space market is complex and evolving rapidly, encompassing the latest technological advancements in including advanced communications, space based sensors, mission management and data processing, ground command and control systems, and security-based customer solutions. You will be integral in developing and supporting new business capture campaigns and leading cross disciplinary teams focusing on space systems. Bring your knowledge of satellite systems (capabilities, design, development, and operations of systems), government acquisition processes, the industrial base and supply chain, and knowledge of the space government customer community to aid you in integrating numerous engineering disciplines with sales and marketing.
* Seek out new and adjacent opportunities and markets, design capture plans, produce winning proposals and grow new business.
* Orchestrate the development of customer solutions by performing analysis of customer needs and available resources
* Invent ideas for prototypes and demonstrations that support our customer's missions
* Develop and support strategic planning (technical, programmatic, monetary) to take campaigns from concept to contract award
* Manage portfolio investments and technology & research development to maintain competitive edge
* Review and analyze information about the competitive landscape
* Drive growth to meet sales targets
* Lead sales and campaign activities and develop associated specific campaign documentation
* Include Boeing and best in industry products and knowledge into recommendations to meet customer needs.
* Provide significant internal and external customer interface, maintenance and advancement of customer relationships, and support of customer meetings and preparation of presentation materials.
* Support preparation of winning proposals products including development of themes and discriminators, executive summary, reviewing the statement of work, cost estimates, and pricing to ensure customer requirements are met and to improve our competitive position.
* Monitor proposal status to ensure timely responses. Reviews and contributes to the final draft materials.
This position requires an active Top Secret/SCI Security Clearance and an active SSBI investigation . (A U.S. Security Clearance that has been active in the past 24 months is considered active.)
* 5 or more years of experience in Space/Satellite systems
* 5 or more years of experience leading competitive teams in organizing, executing, and gaining executive approvals.
* 3 or more years of experience preparing and delivering presentations or proposals to executive level management and clients
* Experience leading and partnering with cross-functional teams, involving key stakeholder relationship management
* Experience with the DoD budgeting and acquisition process
* Current and active TS/SCI clearance with a current and active SSBI investigation.
* Bachelors of Science in technical field
* 10+ years of experience in Aerospace Industry
* Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 9 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD+4 years' related work experience, Master+7 years' related work experience, 13 years' related work experience, etc.).
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Apply Now Save JobRemove from Saved Jobs