Research Lab Manager / BWH Hematology
Employment Type: Full-Time
A Lab Manager position is available in the laboratory of Ann Mullally, MD, Associate Professor at Brigham and Women's Hospital, Boston. Our laboratory investigates the biology, genetics and therapy of a type of blood cancer called, myeloproliferative neoplasms (MPN). We use primary MPN samples, mouse models, genomic sequencing and a range of molecular and cellular biological techniques. We are looking for highly enthusiastic, self-motivated individuals with a strong work ethic who thrive in a fast-paced environment and can interact well with others as part of a team. Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to be flexible in work practices are highly valued characteristics which interested candidates should possess.
Lab website: http://mullallylab.bwh.harvard.edu/
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Oversee scientific projects and provide technical assistance to lab members
* Track lab expenditures to ensure sustainable use of funds
* Oversee lab mouse colony
* Update and maintain animal and biosafety protocols to ensure compliance with institutional, state, and federal regulations
* Order and track supplies and reagents for the lab to maintain inventory
* Update and maintain documents such as chemical and training records required by AALAC
* Manage order requests including animal imports and exports from lab members
* Organize regular calibrations and timely repairs for lab equipment
* Train lab members in the appropriate use of lab equipment
* Maintain organization and cleanliness of lab supplies and surfaces
* Liaise with Principal Investigator on a regular basis
B.S. Required, MS Preferred with significant biological/physical science coursework.
Experience with techniques in molecular biology, cell biology, or computational biology is desirable.
Experience with mice is an advantage.
Minimum of 5 years of progressively more responsible research work experience. Prior supervisory experience required.
CHARACTERISTICS / SKILLS / COMPETENCIES REQUIRED:
* Interested in biology/medicine and extremely self-motivated
* Collaborative, flexible and a strong team player