PRN PTA - Physical Therapy Assistant Outpatient
PRN PTA - Physical Therapy Assistant Outpatient
Pay Range: $10.00/Hr. - $150.00/Hr.
PRN PTA - Physical Therapy Assistant Outpatient Akron AreaPay Per Visit (PPV) rates may range from $10.00 to $150.00 and are determined by the specific position and location where your position is assigned and by the type of visit/non-visit activity performed. Potential for weekend/holiday differential. Mileage pay $0.56/mile, except where included in the global rate.
We believe that in order to best serve our residents and patients, we need to first serve our associates. One way we do that is through our benefits. Our offerings include, but are not limited to:Full-time and part-time associate benefits:
• 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan
• Benefit plan package
• Employee Stock Purchase Program
• Pre-tax Commuter Benefit
• Associate Compassion Fund
• Associate Discounts
• Identity theft protection
• Pet savings and insurance plans
• Voluntary benefits available
Provides Physical Therapy services to patients by assisting in the assessment, treatment, program planning and implementation. Functions under the supervision of a Physical Therapist and adheres to applicable principles and practices of physical therapy, Brookdale Healthcare Services policies and procedures and state regulations.
- Under the direction of the registered and/or licensed physical therapist, optimizes the physical abilities and skills of patients by assisting in the performance of the following activities: assisting in the screening of patients; implementing treatment for assigned patients; delivering treatment to achieve identified objectives according to the established treatment plan; appropriately documenting progress toward identified objectives and communicating patient status and needs to the patient, the patient's family, the staff and other professionals as appropriate.
- Assists in the selection of Physical Therapy techniques/media and in the sequence of activities, adapts techniques/media as indicated by patient performance and following consultation with the Physical Therapist. No major modification to the treatment plan is made without prior consultation with the Physical Therapist.
- Assists in establishing and modifying individual patient schedules in conjunction with the Physical Therapist and other team members. Supports the Physical Therapist in identifying a problem list, long-term goals, short-term goals and a treatment plan.
- Monitors patient's response to intervention and consults with Physical Therapist if modification is indicated. Adheres to department and patient schedules and modifies as appropriate for treatment regime. Adapts treatment under the supervision of a Physical Therapist to meet the individual needs of the patient.
- Provides/recommends/fabricates adaptive devices, orthotics or prosthetics. Trains patient, family and appropriate staff in the use or application of the above.
- Participates in patient, family and staff education. Confers formally and informally with other team members in coordinating the total rehabilitation program of the patient.
- Attends in-service training and facility meetings as required and provides education to the members of the patient care team and to members of the community.
- Submits billing, payroll and expense documentation in an accurate and timely manner. Assists in the collection of statistics as directed.
- Complies with all Infection Control, Universal Precautions, and OSHA standards for the healthcare professional. Assists with and participates in Continuous Quality Improvement Program as required. Adheres to established confidentiality standards as required by Brookdale Healthcare Services concerning community and patient information.
- Consistently demonstrates sound judgment in the evaluation, planning, implementation and follow-up of the patient therapy programs.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should perform all duties as assigned
by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Associate's degree from an accredited Physical Therapy Assistant program.Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Completion of state exam. Ability to work varying hours, including weekends and holidays.Management/Decision Making
Uses limited independent judgment to make decisions based on precedents and established guidelines. Solves problems using standard procedures and precedents. Knows when to refer issues to supervisor and when to handle them personally.Knowledge and Skills
Has a working knowledge of a skill or discipline that requires basic analytic ability. Has an overall understanding of the work environment and process. Has working knowledge of the organization. Basic computer software skills in Microsoft Word and Excel. Ability to work holidays and weekends as operation demands. Ability to maintain the highest standards of ethical professional and clinical judgment. Ability to address staff and patients in a courteous and friendly manner as well as accept constructive criticism. Must be willing to communicate with patients of various levels of functioning and various types of personalities. Willingness to communicate perceived physical and emotional needs of patients to other skilled staff to assist with addressing their care needs.Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or vendors
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure shift coverage
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and infections
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting residents
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or biological hazards
- Subject to injury from falls, burns, odors, or cuts from equipment
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free workplace.