Personal Lines Account Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Brown & Brown is a unique and decentralized publicly traded organization (NYSE: BRO) that has grown to become the sixth largest insurance intermediary in the country. We sell property & casualty insurance and employee benefits insurance to mid-sized and large corporations throughout the country. Our size provides us with access to the best products in the marketplace, while still maintaining a very local community feel. Through growing and developing relationships with carrier partners and expert resources, Brown & Brown stands out as a leader in the industry. As our business grows, our people grow with it!
Becoming an employee, or as we like to call it 'a teammate,' of Brown & Brown introduces you to a career with virtually unlimited possibilities. Our unique corporate culture rewards self-starters and hard workers who adhere to our commitment to do what is best for our clients. With Brown & Brown you will get the training, the mentoring and the tools you need to succeed. Our teammates are bound together by shared goals and our collective commitment to integrity and quality. Brown & Brown's local leaders are actively engaged in their communities and committed to maintaining an established network, as well as creating strong relationships of their own.
We are currently seeking an experienced Personal Lines Account Manager to join our team in Carmel, IN. Primary responsibilities include managing assigned book of business, client retention, and handling client questions and requests. The Account Manager will act as the liaison between the client and their insurance company.
Essential Duties and Functions:
* Manage proactively to retain accounts; following up on cancellations and Broker of Record letters, according to agency procedures and standards.
* Knowledge of insurance coverage and products, staying abreast on industry updates and changes.
* Servicing of new and existing clients through cross-selling opportunities, account development, execution of client requests and problem solving in accordance with the objectives and procedures based on Brown & Brown Standards.
* Handle all aspects of Personal Lines Property & Casualty Insurance. Occasional outside service visits, to the client, may be required.
* Aiding the Personal Lines Producers
* Maintain renewal expirations, avoid any lapse in coverage.
* Responsible for marketing submissions to carriers, including application preparation, loss analysis and including other pertinent information for professional, quality new and renewal submissions. Submit to eligible and appropriate carriers and follow-up to ensure timely receipt of quotes and policies. Analyze and compare carrier quotes for proper coverages, terms and conditions. Make insurance program recommendations.
* Respond to underwriters' questions in a timely and professional manner.
* Prepare proposals and summaries of insurance, as needed.
* Maintain a high degree of accuracy in agency management and document management systems.
* Provide direction to clients in submitting first reports of claims, facilitate prompt response from carrier.
* Other duties as assigned
* 3-5 years experience in Personal Lines Insurance as an Account Manager or CSR.
* High school diploma or GED required at minimum; Associates or Bachelors Degree preferred
* Must hold state Property & Casualty insurance license
* Additional insurance designations a plus, not required.
Raegan Osborn, [email protected] #LI-RO1 #ZRRO
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We take pride in the diversity of our team and seek diversity in our applicants.