Freedom Boat Club - Dock Master at Falls Lake
Employment Type: Part-Time
It is our people behind life's passions who will make the big difference. If you are interested in becoming part of a company that delivers market leading products, driving your own career and working with brands committed to active lifestyles, then you've found your fit.
Have what it takes? Join us.
Love working outside? Love the water? Love boating?
Freedom Boat Club is the nation's oldest and largest private member boat club and we are currently looking to add a highly customer-focused person to our dock staff. The position will require weekend and holiday hours. This is a part-time position.
Join Freedom Boat Club as a dock staff team member and enjoy working around boats and boaters! We are looking for a dynamic individual to handle boat reservations, assist club members on and off the boats, and clean and prepare boats for the next member as they return from a day on the water.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Greet members in a friendly, upbeat, courteous and professional manner
* Drive boats between storage slips and member loading dock
* Assist members in boarding / un-boarding boats with emphasis on safety
* Check-out members using a handheld computer tablet
* Perform check of equipment on board (Life vests, Anchor, Dock Lines, etc)
* Check-in members returning with boats and swipe credit card for fuel payment
* Familiarize yourself with local waters in order to provide basic chart guidance to members
* Fuel boats at marina fuel dock
* Clean boats and stage equipment for their next outings
* Deep clean boats as needed
* Daily clerical work to prepare reservation log, fuel log and weather reports
* Weekend/Holiday shifts required
* Must pass a background check and drug screening
* Valid driver's license and good driving record
* High School degree
* Must be at least 21 years old
* Boating experience in and around boats is desirable
* Ability to perform minor boat maintenance (engine oil, drive oil, filters, bilge pump, etc)
* Physical ability to lift / carry up to 30 lbs
* Physical ability to board and un-board boats dozens of times per day
* Physical ability to clean boats often using handle mounted brush
* Occasional kneeling / stooping to clean interior of boat compartments
* Vision adequate to read / manipulate hand held computer tablets
* Ability to maintain a calm, positive attitude during periods of high activity
* Highly effective communications skills and friendly customer service is absolutely required
* Must be a self-starter and capable of working unsupervised
* High attention to detail
* Maintain a clean work area
* Control traffic in marina area and assist customers with docking boats
* Always operate with an emphasis on guest hospitality
* Use 'clean as you go' method when performing your work duties.
* Adhere to all safety policies
* Maintain a cooperative, team attitude in working with supervisors and fellow employees
* Maintain a positive attitude toward the dock and the job being performed
We are the people behind life's passions.
Brunswick does not accept applications, inquiries or solicitations from unapproved staffing agencies or vendors. For help, please contact our support team at: email@example.com or 866-278-6942.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minorities/Women/Protected Veterans/Disabled
EEO is The Law - click here for more information
Brunswick and Workday Privacy Policies
#Brunswick Corporation - Freedom Boat Club