Electrical CAD Technician - Transmission & Distribution
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Electrical CAD Technician will assist technical teams of detailers, designers and engineers to create world class detail on a variety of projects. This position will assist in developing computer-aided drafting design solutions.
* Assist with preparing drawings and revising existing engineering drawings of basic components from specific sketches or layouts.
* Assist with preparing and revising plot drawings.
* Responsible for adhering to company and client drafting standards and procedures.
* Responsible for adhering to the drafting practices of selected discipline.
* Assist in drafting design and documentation for various projects.
* Assist with tasks utilizing standard drafting detail programs.
* Assist in continuous drafting detail improvement efforts.
* Research solutions to project concerns and recommend solutions to design problems.
* Assist with ad hoc projects as assigned by managers.
* All other duties as assigned.
* High school diploma and course work in drafting technology or specialized CAD certification or 1-year relevant drafting experience.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
* Strong problem solving and analytical skills.
* Basic knowledge and experience in Microsoft Office programs, including, Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
* Demonstrated leadership skills.
* Self-motivated and eager learner, aptitude to grow and develop within the field.
* Candidates must be legally authorized to work in the United States on a full-time basis without requiring future sponsorship for employment visa status.