Substance Use Disorder Technician
Employment Type: Full-Time
Looking to feed your desire to give to your community and support those who need a helping hand? Look no further! Not only is Burrell growing the amount of its resources, services, and facilities to assist as many communities as possible, it also provides plenty of opportunity for growth in your current field and the freedom to explore others. Our culture and our environment are unlike any other. We offer highly-competitive pay and a full range of top-notch full-time employee benefits such as:
* Life Insurance
* Paid Time Off
* Short Term Disability
* Long Term Disability
* Retirement Plan
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Student Loan Reimbursement
* Employee Assistance Program
SUBSTANCE USE DISORDER TECHNICIAN
What you'll get to do: The Substance Use Disorder Technician will be responsible for the following job duties:
* Assess, admit, supervise, monitor, transfer, and discharge social setting detox clients.
* Ensure monitoring of vital signs, signs and symptoms of withdrawal, and possess knowledge to determine need for medical assistance for all social setting detox clients.
* Ensure clients have clean sanitary linens and clothing at all times.
* Provide a safe, therapeutic and supportive environment for clients participating in ADA/Social Setting Detox.
* Provide general monitoring of clients, treating each with respect and dignity at all times, and modeling appropriate behaviors.
* Foster adaptive behavior in clients by encouraging positive social interaction and role-modeling a problem solving approach to issues of concern.
* Responsible for conducting and recording medical protocols, as requested.
* Assist ADA/Social Setting Detox clients with daily living skills such as laundry, chores, and personal hygiene.
* Responsible for maintaining facility cleanliness by completing designated facility tasks.
* Monitor and/or facilitate group activities as designated by Supervisor
* engaging with clients during group activities, and providing intervention as needed for clients to obtain maximum benefit from participation.
* Dispense medications to ADA/Social Setting Detox clients (per physician's orders) as requested and training permits.
* Prepare paperwork and obtain specimens for random drug testing urinalyses for ADA/Social Setting Detox clients.
* Provide client education classes regarding drug education and life skills as requested and training permits.
* Observe, record and communicate clients' behaviors, strengths, progress, areas of difficulty and needs in a timely manner, utilizing established mechanisms and program formats.
* Provide transportation of clients to/from program activities, as needed.
* Complete documentation in an orderly and timely manner.
* Attend team meetings as requested.
* Obtain required staff training hours (40 hours annually).
* If stationed at Youth Facility: Provide for safety during all outdoor experiences, including backpacking and camping excursions for adolescent clients.
What you'll bring: We are looking for role models who have the ability to demonstrate effective communication and excellent problem solving techniques with a client-centric approach to breaking the stigma of mental health.
Education and Experience:
* Must be at least 21 years of age and have at least a High School Diploma or GED with experience in Human Services or related field. A Bachelor's degree in Human Services or related field is preferred.
* Must possess a valid MO driver's license and be able to obtain a chauffeur's driver's license (Class E) as there will be driving required.
* Shall successfully complete CPR, First Aid, Medication Administration, and SCM Training.
* Must complete 40 hours of related training annually.
* CPR, First Aid, Medication Administration and SCM training shall be included in the 40-hour per year training requirement.
Where you'll be working: You will be working at one of Branson locations.
What we offer: Burrell's dedication to promoting diversity, multiculturalism, and inclusion is clearly reflected in all of our content and across all of our agency. Diversity is more than a commitment at Burrell-it is the foundation of what we do. We are fully focused on equality and believe deeply in diversity of race, gender, sexual orientation, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other fascinating characteristics that make us different
SUBSTANCE USE DISORDER TECH
We are an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, and encourage applications from all qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital status, disability or veteran status, or to other non-work related factors.
Burrell is a Smoke and Tobacco Free Workplace.