Emergency Management Mid-Level Analyst - Program Evaluation
Employment Type: Full-Time
At Cadmus, our Homeland Security Sector provides clients with solutions to their most important analytical and policy challenges. We bring together a team of outstanding professionals who have earned a reputation of responsive and client-focused support for a wide range of homeland security and emergency preparedness agencies. Our client-oriented approach, coupled with our deep subject-matter expertise, enables us to bring an incisive edge to solving the most critical homeland security problems.
Our Homeland Security Sector seeks candidates with expertise in program evaluation, grant effectiveness, and data analytics to support a variety of clients cross the Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA). Successful candidates will have at least four years of experience in program evaluation or a related field (e.g., public policy with a focus in program evaluation, economics, social science, statistics). The ideal candidate will also bring capabilities in data analytics, a background in the homeland security or emergency management space, excellent written and oral communication skills, and experience working at a professional services firm and/or government agency. Candidates with these qualifications are invited to apply.
This position will support projects within our Emergency Management practice area and have varied analytical, program support, and management responsibilities. Potential projects/tasks might include: evaluating the effectiveness of preparedness programs, designing analytical methodologies, developing and implementing strategies to improve data collection and measurement of program outcomes, conducting qualitative and quantitative analysis of preparedness and emergency management data, preparing reports and briefings for senior government officials and the public, conducting research, coordinating stakeholder engagements, engaging with clients, and leading small teams of junior analysts.
This mid-level Analyst will work closely with project managers to deliver high-quality support that exceeds client expectations. Specifically, this position helps clients maximize their existing data, analyze program effectiveness, and devise strategies to improve program evaluation. Work includes:
* Design data collections and analytic methodologies to assess program effectiveness
* Use qualitative and quantitative methods to analyze preparedness data and conduct program evaluations
* Develop strategies for improving emergency management data collections
* Synthesize results of qualitative and quantitative analysis into written product, data visualizations, and oral presentations
* Help clients, through research, analysis, and stakeholder engagement, collect evidence of program impacts
* Manage, clean, analyze, and visualize data
* Assess the validity of statistical analysis
* Provide training or technical assistance on evaluation methods, concepts, and tools
* Manage multiple emergency management-focused tasks with minimal oversight
* Oversee a small team of junior analysts to develop program evaluations and other analytic products
* Generate assessments, reports, memoranda, and presentations tailored for senior government clients
* Conduct preparedness-related research and analysis to develop communications products
* Provide legislative and policy analysis and research on preparedness-related topics
* Work with federal clients to perform administrative tasks, such as scheduling, organizing meetings, and taking notes
* A Bachelor's degree in a relevant field, such as program evaluation, social sciences, economics, statistics, or public policy (with a focus in program evaluation)
* Over four years of professional experience in program evaluation or a related field (relevant Master's degree in program evaluation-related work may be substituted for two years of experience)
* Familiarity with program design, including logic models and theory of change
* Familiarity/experience with emergency management and/or homeland security
* Excellent writing/editing, analytical, communication (oral and written), and presentation skills
* Proficiency in relevant software programs including Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
* Strong attention to detail and the ability to quality-check all work
* Ability to manage tasks and deadlines across multiple simultaneous projects
* Comfortable providing and conducting meetings, workshops, and daily correspondence with senior FEMA leadership.
* Ability to earn a Public Trust clearance
* Candidates selected may be subject to a security investigation and, if required, should be able to meet eligibility requirements for access to classified information - requires U.S. Citizenship. Position may also include requirement to obtain DHS Suitability.
* Masters Degree in a relevant field, such as program evaluation, social sciences, economics, statistics, or public policy (with a focus in program evaluation)
* Professional experience in data analytics and visualization
* Experience with industry standard data analysis and visualization software, such as R, ArcGIS, and/or Tableau
* Experience with a programming language, such as SQL, Python, or Visual Basic for Application
* Familiarity with the Foundations for Evidence-Based Policymaking Act of 2018 and its implications
* Experience overseeing analysts, interacting with clients, and managing tasks
* Experience working with a professional services firm or government agency
Additional Information: Candidates must submit a resume, a cover letter explaining interest and relevant qualifications, and a two to three-page writing sample (on any topic) that demonstrates their communication and analytical skills.
Based on eligibility and job status, Cadmus offers an excellent benefits package to include: medical, dental, vision, company paid disability and life insurance, 401(k) program, employee stock ownership plan (ESOP), paid time off (PTO), paid holidays, voluntary time off (VTO), tuition reimbursement, adoption assistance program, other optional benefits and various bonus programs.
Cadmus is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer and prohibits unlawful discrimination. Cadmus is committed to providing a respectful workplace where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, national origin, military and veteran status, physical and mental disability, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Learn more about Cadmus by visiting our website at: http://www.cadmusgroup.com.