Commercial Appraisal Reviewer
Employment Type: Full-Time
Did you know that Zions Bancorporation is one of the nation's premier financial services companies with total assets exceeding $70 billion? With local management teams at the helm in 11 western states, Zions is dedicated to making a difference in their local communities. At Zions, we haven't forgotten who keeps us in business, meaning we're committed to the success of our customers, and our employees. Here, the possibilities are endless - come for a job, stay for a career.
We are looking for a Commercial Appraisal Reviewer to join our Real Estate Technical Services (RETS) team. This role will sit at one of our affiliate offices in the following states (UT, CO, ID, AZ, NV, TX, WA, CA, OR). The ideal candidate will have the skills and experience necessary to:
Perform reviews of commercial real estate appraisal reports to ensure compliance with bank policies, federal regulations and USPAP standards, and to obtain credible valuations of real estate collateral used for underwriting, monitoring and/or credit management purposes.
Consult on bank appraisal policy/standards and department procedures, assist with department operations, resolve valuation disputes and address complaints from clients/vendors. Prepare reports for management. Other duties as assigned.
* Certified General Appraiser license required.
* Requires a bachelor's degree in business, finance or a related field
* 2+ years' experience in commercial real estate appraisal, review, evaluation and/or related field.
* A combination of education and experience may meet requirements.
* Working knowledge of commercial real estate appraisals and appraisal review principles, USPAP and bank appraisal standards; working knowledge of yield capitalization.
* Strong investigative, problem-solving and communication skills, both verbal and written.
* Strong attention to detail and accuracy.
* Ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with staff, bank management and vendors.
* Ability to work on one's own and multi-task. Proficient in related appraisal software including Microsoft Office.
* Knowledge or experience with the RIMS appraisal management system is preferred.