IC&E Technician III
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Summary: (includes but is not limited to the following; other duties may be assigned):
Maintains and repairs electrical equipment and instrumentation. Monitors, maintains, and repairs plant Distributed Control System (DCS). Monitors, maintain, and repairs gas turbine, steam turbine control systems, generators, transformers, and switchgear. Maintain, calibrate and repair plant electrical, instrumentation, and control systems. Perform routine trouble shooting activities. Use Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) to effectively accomplish required maintenance in and efficient and organized manner. Optimize plant preventative maintenance program to meet OEM recommendations, regulatory requirements, and corporate maintenance philosophy. Responsible for maintaining logs, manuals, records, blueprints and operating procedures in a neat and professional manner. Provide written reports on control system conditions when required. Incorporates safe behavior into all activities and consistently complies with all established safety and health policies and procedures, helps to identify and eliminate or actively manage risks in all work activities.
* Senior-level; recognized technical expertise in own and possibly related functions.
* Performs a variety of complex technical service/support duties requiring specialized knowledge.
* Regularly makes decisions on non-routine or escalated technical issues.
* Independently prioritizes and executes responsibilities effectively for a single trade, group of related tasks or functional area.
* Checks own work and possibly the work of others; work results are of the highest quality standards and advanced technical competency.
* Errors may be serious, usually not subject to direct verification or check.
* Duties and tasks reflect substantial variety and complexity.
* Resolves the most complex technical issues, conferring with Team Leader occasionally; may serve as resource to others in resolution of complex issues.
* Works under limited supervision.
* Prioritizes own weekly schedule and may guide others in the completion of tasks within clearly defined schedules as set by management.
* Regularly provides on-the-job skills training to others in complex technical areas.
* High School Diploma, degree from technical/vocational school or equivalent.
* Senior-level; minimum of 5 years of experience in instrument/electrical and control system applications.
* Strong mechanical aptitude with an advanced understanding of chemistry, physics, electricity and mathematics.
* Experience with DCS programming and configuration
* Advanced certifications/licensures. Valid state driver's license.
Equal Opportunity Employer of Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans, and Individuals with Disabilities.
Calpine is committed to Equal Employment Opportunity and providing reasonable accommodations to applicants with physical and/or mental disabilities. If you are interested in applying for employment and need special assistance or an accommodation to use our website or to apply for a position, please send an e-mail with your request to email@example.com. Determination on requests for reasonable accommodation are made on case-by-case basis.
Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
Send This Job to a Friend