Technician - Instrumentation
Employment Type: Part-Time
Calpsan/ACEnT in is an industry leader in the engineering and manufacture of complex aerospace hardware and prototype systems for ground test and flight applications. We are looking for a part time Technician-Instrumentation to join our team in Ronkonkoma, NY.
Core Responsibilities Listed Below - Compensation and position level commensurate with education and experience.
* Complete assigned tasks within schedule and budget
* Fabricate and assemble hardware components into complete assembled test articles
* Verify conformance of finished assembly to specified tolerances, blueprint specifications, and other required specifications with various measurement tools, including, but not limited to, calipers, scales, micrometers, and gauges
* Operates general machine shop tools and machinery
* Interpret, select, adopt and apply appropriate guidelines, procedures, and practices which relate to appropriate assemblies, disassemblies and component rework or repair
* Identify, verify and keep accurate documentation of all instrumentation and/or required testing
Preferred Education / Experience:
* Associates Degree in related discipline
* Experience in similar industry
* A combination of education and experience equivalent to above
Preferred Knowledge / Ability:
* Ability to read and interpret blueprints, engineering drawings and documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals
Calspan is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status. Calspan supports safe and drug free workplace through pre-employment background checks and drug testing.