Business Unit Leader
Employment Type: Full-Time
Imagine...working for a company that knows that its people are the key to its success in the marketplace. A company in which achieving extraordinary results and having a stimulating work experience are part of the same process.
We cultivate and embrace a diverse employee population. We recognize that people with diverse backgrounds, experiences and perspectives fuel our growth and enrich our global culture.
We are looking for an individual who enjoys working in a fast-paced, team oriented environment, likes to be challenged, and values the opportunity to make a difference.
The Business Unit Leader will have 24-hour accountability for all business unit results, daily management systems and organizational health. They will be responsible for managing and improving the results within that area as needed to contribute to the overall plant goals. In this role, they will manage the people, equipment, and processes that come together to create their end product in a way that is preferred to consumers and customers. This person will work to grow the capability of the people in their area. They will work to incorporate new reliability tools into the current system in a way that is meaningful and drive continuous improvement and produce extraordinary results.
* Ensure clear direction and priorities for the business unit and that these are aligned with the site for all 3 shifts
* Develop and maintain team work plan and budget
* Manage direct and indirect labor efficiently
* Develop Team Leaders, Service Leaders and all other Leadership
* Provide training, coaching and facilitation
* Manage the safety system within their area
* Lead the development of key daily management systems in the business unit such as DDS, CL, RCFA and Operational Standards documentation
* Communicate business unit results and needs to senior management
* Provide organizational leadership appropriate to foster positive employee relations and meeting the evolving needs of the business
* Track and gap results vs. work plan and budget for all KPI's including safety and quality
* Involved in all activities including daily management, budgeting, strategic planning, TDC initiatives, enabler planning and execution and the capital forecasting process
* Interface with multiple functions within the plant, as well as WHQ Engineering, Process Safety, Product Development, Reliability and annual network teams.
* Bachelor's degree in business or technical field is preferred.
* 3 - 5 years of experience in operations or related experience; industrial engineering or continuous improvement, cross functional operations experience is preferred; internship experience may be considered
* Strong drive and initiative to make improvements in a variety of areas with a minimum of supervision. Change agent.
* Strong commitment to personal development and growth
* Strong analytical, problem-solving and decision making skills
* Above average knowledge or computer database system tools, Excel and PowerPoint
* Strong interpersonal and communication (both written and verbal) skills
* Good planning, prioritizing and organization and multiple priority management skills
The Company is committed to providing equal opportunity for employees and applicants in all aspects of the employment relationship, without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, marital status, veteran status, disability, age, religion or any other classification protected by law.
In that regard, U.S. applicants and employees are protected from discrimination based on certain categories protected by Federal law. Click here for additional information.