Maintenance Assistant - Full Time
Employment Type: Full-Time
We offer a comprehensive Benefit package to Full Time Employees:
* 401-k with Company match
* Health Insurances
* Company Paid Life Insurance
* Tuition Reimbursement
* Employee Assistant Program
* Same day pay through PayActiv
* Uniform Allowance
Purpose of Your Job Position
The primary purpose of your job position is to assist in supervising the day-to-day activities of the Maintenance Department in accordance with current federal, state, and local standards, guidelines and regulations governing our facility to assure that our facility is maintained in a safe and comfortable manner.
Every effort has been made to identify the essential functions of this position. However, it in no way states or implies that these are the only duties you will be required to perform. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or is an essential function of the position.
* Assume the responsibility, and accountability of supervising maintenance tasks.
* Performs day-to-day maintenance functions.
* Sets maintenance standards.
* Assist in developing procedures for performing daily maintenance tasks.
* Assist the Manager/Director in standardizing the methods in which work is accomplished.
* Assist the Manager/Director in scheduling work assignments and preparing work schedules, etc. Revise as necessary.
* Coordinate daily maintenance services with Manager/Director when performing maintenance assignments in resident living areas.
* Ensure that work schedules are followed as closely as practical.
* Submit accident/incident reports to the Manager/Director when they occur.
* Perform administrative requirements (i.e., completing necessary forms, reports, etc.) and submit to the Manager/Director as necessary.
* Attend staff meetings as directed or called.
* Assist in the orientation and training of maintenance personnel.
* Interpret department policies and procedures to new maintenance personnel.
* Train assigned personnel in the proper techniques of maintenance services, use of equipment, etc., as directed.
* Ensure that painting, rework or repairing of facility equipment is accomplished in accordance with established policies.
* Create and maintain an atmosphere of warmth, personal interest and positive emphasis, as well as a calm environment throughout the facility.
* Report known or suspected incidents.
* Provide leadership, follow instructions, and take suggestions (constructive criticism).
* Attend in-service training programs as needed.
* Must possess, as a minimum, a high school education or its equivalent.
* Must have, as a minimum, two (2) years experience in maintenance.
* Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand the English language.
* Must possess the ability to make independent decisions, follow instructions, and to accept constructive criticism.
* Must possess the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors and the general public.
* Must be knowledgeable of maintenance practices and procedures.
* Must be able to work harmoniously with other personnel.
* Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc., and maintain the appearance of work areas; must perform regular inspections of resident apartments/units for order, safety, and proper performance of equipment.
* Must have patience, tact, a cheerful disposition, and enthusiasm as well as be willing to handle residents based on whatever maturity level they are currently functioning.
* Must not pose a direct threat to the health or safety of other individuals in the workplace.
At Capital Health Care Network, our company culture is built on the following seven essential skills of teamwork:
* Active Listening: Team members listen to each other's ideas.They are observed validating ideas through active listening and 'piggy-backing' (or building) off each other's ideas.
* Communication: Team members communicate.They are observed interacting, discussing, and posing questions in an effort to fortify understanding and dispel miscommunication.
* Persuading: Team members use persuasion. They are observed exchanging, defending, and rethinking ideas with the greater good in mind.
* Respecting: Team members respect the opinions of others.They are observed encouraging and supporting others' ideas and efforts.
* Helping: Team members help.They are observed offering assistance to each other.
* Sharing: Team members share.They are observed sharing ideas, information and influence.
* Participating: Team members participate.They are observed participating in social media, campaigns, and projects.