Certified Medication Aide
Employment Type: Full-Time
Help enrich the lives of seniors by becoming part of the Capital Senior Living team at The Woodlands of Columbus!
The Woodlands of Columbus, a premier retirement community in Columbus, OH, provides quality care to residents in an Independent Living, Assisted Living, and Temporary Care community. We are passionate about making a positive impact on the lives of those we care for. If you're looking to grow your career and experience in a team-oriented environment, apply for Certified Medication Aide position today.
Working at The Woodlands of Columbus truly means becoming a member of our family. We believe caring for seniors is a uniquely rewarding experience and there is no better place to realize that experience than with us. We are looking for a Certified Medication Aide to join our team!
The Certified Medication Aide assists residents in their activities of daily living. This may include help with walking, dressing. Bathing. Personal grooming, some light housekeeping and provision of medications and treatments. Some shifts may temporarily act as receptionist, security attendant and/or laundry assistant.
* Serve residents in a manner conductive to their safety and comfort while acting within the established guidelines set forth by state licensing regulations and Capital Senior Living.
* Assist residents with dressing. Bathing, personal hygiene and grooming.
* Monitor and assist with medication provision following standards established facility policies and procedures.
* Conducts proper document medication provision, services delivered and if appropriate, resident condition.
* Provides escorts for residents to various parts of the building as needed.
* Assist with meal service, i.e., serving residents. Cleaning tables, etc.
* Assist with resident activities as instructed.
* Maintain a safe, clean environment within the assigned duty areas.
* Assists to make beds and empty trash.
* Follow instructions given by supervisor and communication with supervisor on resident health questions/concerns as necessary.
* Responds to resident call light signals promptly.
* Respond in a tactful and courteous manner when dealing with residents, families, visitors and staff.
* Provides residents with dignity and respect at all times.
* Performs other duties as assigned by medication aide supervisors.
Education and Experience:
* Certified Medication Aide (MA-C) in Ohio
* High School Diploma or GED required
Skill/ knowledge requirements:
* Previous experience preferred
* Desire to work with senior individuals
* Responsible, dependable, trustworthy
Perks of joining our team:
* Medical, dental, vision, and life/disability insurances*
* 401k retirement savings plan*
* Paid time off*
* Benefit eligibility is dependent on employment status.