Employment Type: Part-Time
* Facilitates communication between Carle staff and LEP patients in variety of modalities including in person, over the phone and video relay. Ensures that information pertaining to the patient's outpatient services, hospitalization, (i.e. advance directives, consents from treatment, diagnosis and prognosis, treatment plan, follow-up appointments and Health Care Education) are accurately communicated.
* Successfully complete the core Interpreter Services training requirements.
* Represent Interpreter Services and the organization in a positive and professional manner, exercising discretion at all times.
* Participate in on call coverage to provide interpretation services during non-business hours and business hours as assigned.
* Maintain confidentiality in all matters related to patient care and visitor issues with LEP patients and their caregivers/families/escorts.
* Promote customer satisfaction related to Carle services; notify Supervisor of any issues that may be problematic for patients or Carle staff.
* Participate in continuing education programs and competency training to enhance professional role of Interpreter Services.
The Medical Interpreter serves as a cultural and linguistic resource to both patients and providers by facilitating the successful delivery of patient care service to a linguistically diverse population. In this role the interpreter participates as a neutral party or as the conduit for information that must flow between Carle staff, and Limited English Proficiency (LEP) patients and/or their care providers.