7265 - Columbia - 555 Jamil Rd, Columbia, South Carolina, 29210
CarMax, the way your career should be! General Summary:
The Service Operations Support Manager in Training is accountable for performing the job duties and responsibilities below, which primarily involve managing and leading associates.Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and lead associates to achieve production targets, maintain and control inventory levels, and provide exceptional customer service.
- Conduct informal and formal observations of associates
- Communicate expectations and provide feedback to associates
- Participate and make recommendations in the screening/hiring and development of associates
- Maintain key performance measures
- Learn, participate and execute continuous improvement efforts
• Assist with the development and execution of production plans
- Ensure proper inventory levels of all materials and equipment including, but not limited to personal protective equipment, tools, and chemicals using the supply ordering system
- Provide support to sales, business office and purchasing teams when needed
- Ensure compliance with all aspects of risk management including the administration of loss prevention, facility maintenance, environmental, health, and safety guidelines
- Handle customer concerns in a quick, efficient, and friendly manner.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Operations Manager
- Possess a minimum of 5 years management experience in a complex, fast paced environment
- Work through and manage a team to achieve production goals
- Read, interpret and transcribe data in order to maintain accurate records
- Demonstrate the ability to multi-task
- Speak and listen effectively in dealing with customers/associates, both in person and over the phone
- Demonstrate above average computer skills with a variety of common and proprietary software
• Combination of indoor and outdoor work environment; may include working in noisy situations and/or inclement weather conditions.
• Requires walking or standing for extended periods of time.
• Variety of work schedules with shifts that may include nights, weekends, and holidays
• Occasional travel to other work locations
• Follow all CarMax, state and federal policies, rules and regulations, including, but not limited to: O.S.H.A., and EPA, Personal Protective Equipment, proper waste disposal in required areas, attendance, Asset Protection, Integrity and Standards of Professional AppearanceAbout CarMax
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation's largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.