Software Developer II
8901 - Corp Office West Crk - 12800 Tuckahoe Creek Parkway, Richmond, Virginia, 23238CarMax, the way your career should be!
ABOUT THIS JOB:
The Software Developer II is responsible for the development, maintenance, and support of software solutions. This position is involved in the complete software development life cycle and is responsible for ensuring that software meets CarMax® quality standards. This position is a key contributor in the software development life-cycle, performing analysis and design, development, and working to achieve project goals. The responsibilities of this position revolve around ownership of assigned programming tasks and software development projects. This includes ensuring that application development efforts consistently meet business requirements, direction, and standards and may include coordinating the tasks of others.
- Responsible for the software development lifecycle, methodology and ownership of all aspects of these processes
- Consistently produces development artifacts required for Software Development Life Cycle
- Independently drives tasks to successful completion through effective partnerships, customer interaction, and IT coordination
- Effectively estimates the time it will take to perform tasks of self and others
- Participates in support conference calls, troubleshoots system issues, and communicates effectively in large settings
- Understand the business processes implemented in the team’s applications in order to provide resolution to support problems
- Effectively categorizes support problems and responds with the appropriate level of urgency
- Participates and when necessary leads software development ceremonies
- Develops and executes software testing and validation procedures
- Repeatedly delivers on established individual velocity and team goals
- Maintains and supports the applications and technologies used by the development team
- Leverages existing services and patterns, and recommends candidates for reusable components
- Understands application dependencies and other system impacts
Customer Interaction/Business Knowledge
- Interacts with the customer including the documenting of requirements and proposal of appropriate solutions
- Participates in customer/project meeting(s) for project definition, needs assessment and design review
- Able to resolve conflicts by finding win-win solutions
- Recognizes and steers the support tasks to the appropriate team
- Able to lead meetings, development ceremonies, and develop effective agendas
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS:
- Knowledge of team software development concepts and techniques
- Experience in creating and developing software and effectively communicating the rational behind the designs
- Demonstrated ability to effectively work with the business community to gather requirements and translate those requirements into software designs
- Compare and contrast alternative approaches to meet objectives while assessing risk both quantitatively and qualitatively
•5 + years’ experience with .NET for production system required
•Azure experience (Azure Functions, Service Bus, CosmosDB, etc.)
•Microsoft .NET (C#, MVC, Web API) - .NET Core 2.x+ experience desired
•Angular or React Frameworks desired
•RESTful API services
CarMax disrupted the auto industry by delivering the honest, transparent and high-integrity experience customers want and deserve. This innovative thinking around the way cars are bought and sold has helped us become the nation’s largest retailer of used cars, with over 200 locations nationwide.
Our amazing team of more than 25,000 associates work together to deliver iconic customer experiences. Along the way, we help every associate grow their career and achieve their best, at work and in their community. We are recognized for our commitment to training and diversity and are one of the FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For®.
CarMax is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified candidates will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Upon an applicant's request, CarMax will consider reasonable accommodation to complete the CarMax Job Application.