Housing Program Assistant
Employment Type: Full-Time
Housing Program Assistant
Full-Time (40 hours/week); Non-exempt
Reports to: Director of Assets and Facilities Management
Through the principles of Catholic Social Teaching, Catholic Charities of Oregon achieves lasting solutions to poverty and injustice by partnering with clients to meet their economic and educational goals, and to support their physical and social well-being. Catholic Charities is the official domestic relief agency of the Archdiocese of Portland in Oregon.
Catholic Charities is a nonprofit social services and low-income housing provider organization dedicated to providing social services and assistance to meet clients' physical, social, spiritual, and psychological needs while helping to develop opportunities for self-help. Caritas Housing includes the divisions of real estate development, asset management, and asset development.
This position has the option of working in the office or remotely during the Covid-19 pandemic.
PRINCIPLE DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
* Input and analyze monthly property occupancy and financial data received from third-party management companies in internal portfolio tracking spreadsheets, follow up as needed for clarification or corrections and to request reports if not received in a timely manner, and inform supervisor regarding abnormal performance metrics.
* Maintain and analyze Portfolio Financial Performance Dashboard report, updating report on a monthly or as needed basis with property financial information and performance data. Inform supervisor of abnormal performance metrics and make recommendations as appropriate regarding potential solutions.
* Document weekly occupancy and violation/eviction data based on reports from third-party management companies, follow up as needed for clarification or corrections and to request reports if not received in a timely manner.
* Analyze data and make recommendations to the housing team regarding ways to improve resident retention and stability.
* Provide coordination and support for referral of prospective Caritas Housing residents from Catholic Charities programs to ensure efficient leasing of available housing. Activities are expected to include verifying and communicating to the referring program staff: criteria for residency, occupancy and income requirements, and other priority criteria for applicants.
* Act as the primary point of contact for residents in third-party managed properties who have property management-related questions/concerns. Document and respond to resident concerns; coordinate with on-site Resident Service Coordinators and Supportive Services team as appropriate to address concerns and for them to provide support, referrals, and information to residents; provide regular updates of resident communications to supervisor.
* Coordinate with Catholic Charities' Quality Assurance department to document and respond to resident concerns which are escalated to Catholic Charities.
* Maintain and regularly update Schedule of Real Estate Owned (SREO), identify and escalate to Director of Assets any unfavorable metrics and recommendations to address them.
* Complete administrative activities related to housing entities, Caritas Housing Initiatives LLC, and Caritas Community Housing Corporation (known collectively as Caritas Housing).
* Assist with compliance and program reports to governmental agencies, investors, and funders.
* Assure organizational governance requirements are met, bylaws adhered to, required minutes, and documents are maintained and accessible, for each Caritas Housing entity.
* Provide back-up to the Property Management Assistant to staff the Caritas Housing Committee meetings through the recording of minutes and maintaining the organizational document archives, including minute books, resolutions and board actions, and the documentation of all legal entities.
* Assist in preparation of funding applications for operating and capital grants.
* Maintain records on department fees billed and received, including fees charged for resident services, asset management, asset development and developer fees.
* Maintain department records and/or coordinate with Quality Assurance department to maintain records on clients served, including resident demographic profiles of tenants by property and clients served through asset development activities.
* Participate in trainings and coordination meetings as requested by Supervisor.
* Adherence to Catholic Charities policies and procedures.
* Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent lived and or work experience required.
* 2 years' experience in an administrative capacity, preferably in a non-profit environment. Interest and experience working in affordable housing strongly preferred.
* Ability to effectively work with standard office programs and have intermediate to advanced ability in Word, Excel, Outlook, Microsoft Teams and PowerPoint.
* Demonstrate judgment and discretion in dealing with confidential matters.
* Commitment to Catholic Charities mission to work in partnership with vulnerable populations to achieve lasting solutions to poverty and injustice.
* Excellent organizational skills: Must be able to organize and prioritize work, be proactive, take initiative, follow through, and simultaneously manage multiple priorities to ensure goals are met in a timely manner. High attention to detail required.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills.
* Willingness to learn new skills and take on new responsibilities.
* Strong analytical and strategic problem-solving skills.
* Ability to work well in team setting, as well as independently; be flexible and adapt well to different dynamics in a fast-paced work environment.
* Travel between sites in Portland may be required. Driver's license, access to vehicle and ability to obtain automobile insurance at levels required by agency (100/300/100) preferred.
* Satisfactory results from criminal, civil and/or motor vehicle background check required.
COMPENSATION: Compensation is commensurate with skills and experience. Competitive benefits package, including: 100% employer paid health insurance (employee portion), disability, life insurance, paid time off, 12 paid holidays, retirement plan, free parking and more.
TO APPLY: Submit your application, resume and cover letter at https://catholiccharitiesoregon.applicantpro.com/jobs/
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER