Employment Type: Full-Time
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
St. Luke's Health-Memorial paves the way for quality, innovative health care in East Texas and provides more than a quarter of a million patient services each year. With hospitals in Lufkin, Livingston, and San Augustine, St. Luke's Health-Memorial provides millions of dollars in charity care and community support each year.
Your time at work should be fulfilling. Rewarding. Inspiring. That's what you'll find when you join one of our non-profit CHI facilities across the nation. You'll find challenging, rewarding work every day alongside people who have as much compassion as you. Join us and together we'll create healthier, stronger communities. What sets us apart from other healthcare organizations? How much time do you have? In short, it all starts with our current employees. They believe in living our mission to provide compassion to everyone. We, in turn, believe that growing and supporting our people allows us to deliver a higher degree of quality care to our patients. CHI advocates for all who live in the communities we serve, especially the most vulnerable. Choose an organization who will champion your talents and nurture your career. Choose CHI!
We offer the following benefits to support you and your family:
* Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
* Free Premium Membership to Care.com with preloaded credits for children and dependent adults
* Care for Caregivers: Resilience Through Adversity is a series of sessions designed to help caregivers build their resilience and advance their mental well-being during these difficult times
* Flexible spending accountsVoluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
* Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
* Paid Time Off (PTO)
* Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
* Matching Retirement Programs
* Wellness Programs
CHI St Luke's Baylor Medical Center is looking to add another passionate Clinical Pharmacist II to join our amazing and already established team of Pharmacists! Our hospital system is a well-recognized system with some of the top programs in the nation! We are looking for our Pharmacists to provide exemplary patient care to meet our patient's needs. If you are passionate about being an integral part of the patient care experience, you belong with us!
What you'll do:
* Ensures the safe and effective use of medications by providing medication order verification while assessing for optimal drug product selection, dosage regimen design, effective administration and drug therapy monitoring services in the health system.
* Monitors inpatient and outpatient drug therapies when appropriate and Works with medical staff to find alternatives when needed.
* Evaluates patient care plans, medication therapy and resolves medication related problems and issues, including categorization of patient specific therapies to optimize pharmaceutical care.
Clinical Pharmacist II Requirements:
* Obtained a Bachelor of Science in Pharmacy (B.S.) or Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm D) degree from a Board approved, ACPE Accredited College (pdf) of pharmacy program, OR Graduated from a college of pharmacy program outside the U.S. and have obtained full certification from the Foreign Pharmacy Graduate Equivalency Committee (FPGEC)
* Registered Pharmacist with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy in good standing-(RPH)
* Aseptic Technique - Complete an ACPE approved 20 hour sterile products course within 60 days of hire
* 2-3 Years of experience as a Clinical Pharmacist in an acute care setting.
* Completion of pharmacy (PGY-1) residency
* Clinical rounding experience.
* Conduct kinetic monitoring (antibiotic monitoring or vancomycin monitoring or anticoagulation monitoring) experience
Clinical Pharmacist, Pharmacist, Pharmacy, pharmacotherapy support, EPIC, Interviewing and counseling patients, ICU, Critical Care, BCCCP, ACPE, Sterile Compounding, BCSCP, Compounded sterile preparations, Acute Care, ER, PharmD, Ambulatory care, BCACP, Oncology pharmacy, BCOP, Infectious disease, BCIDP, cardiology, BCCP, transplant, BCTXP