Facilities Services Manager I
Employment Type: Full-Time
CommonSpirit Health was formed by the alignment of Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health. With more than 700 care sites across the U.S. & from clinics and hospitals to home-based care and virtual care services CommonSpirit is accessible to nearly one out of every four U.S. residents. Our world needs compassion like never before. Our communities need caring and our families need protection. With our combined resources CommonSpirit is committed to building healthy communities advocating for those who are poor and vulnerable and innovating how and where healing can happen both inside our hospitals and out in the community.
This position is responsible for the day to day operations in a single hospital or market. Reports directly to Regional Operations Director or Facility Manager II in a multi-hospital system. Responsibility may include; Plant Operations, Housekeeping, Security, Environmental Safety, Construction and other duties as assigned. This position is responsible for Program Quality Evaluation, CHI-PAS financial performance for the site, personnel recruitment, training and development, communications reporting, customer satisfaction with program, and personal growth. This position may include any combination of the following responsibilities:
* Manages single acute care facility of <499,000 SF
* Responsible for multiple supervisors and/or departments such as Construction (smaller projects), EVS, Dietary, Transportation, Laundry, Security, etc.
* May function as Safety Officer
* Oversees operations of Facility Management by: conducting monthly department meetings; ensuring that reports are delivered in a timely manner; providing a working environment that meets all regulatory and compliance, and completing and maintaining all key performance indicators at or above program targets.
* Manages budgets, verifies and assures appropriate use of staff, materials, supplies and vendors. Insures that current records of all maintenance procedures are kept as required to meet all applicable codes and standards. Maintains Preventative Maintenance completion at or above program targets.
* Ensures financial performance of areas managed.
* Manages and oversees the recruitment, training and development of staff. This includes holding all necessary staff meetings and conducting or sponsoring education.
* Develop a comprehensive, ongoing communication plan for staff, leadership, and all other constituents and customers.
* Participates in the completion of the annual PQE. Ensures continued accreditation, renewal of licenses, and the absence of litigation and fines by adhering to rules and guidelines set forthby regulatory agencies, as well as the Joint Commission or DNV standards.
* Oversees customer satisfaction surveys at least annually.
* Maintains positive working relationships with senior hospital administration.
* Provides professional team and personal growth that meets the needs of the customer and employees.
* Networks with peers to gain innovative ideas and sourcing of information.
* Leads involvement in quality and/or other initiatives within the department
* Actively participates in construction related activities including a primary role in the development and implementation of the Master Facility Plan, as required.
* Associate Degree required with an emphasis on Business, Architecture, Engineering and/or Construction. Bachelors preferred.
* Certification as CHFM required.
* Combination of equivalent education & experience may be considered.
* Minimum 7 years of progressive leadership experience with a minimum of 5 years in hospital maintenance/medical equipment operations management required.
* Construction experience, Safety, and Security background preferred.
* Must demonstrate financial and operational management skills.
* Blue print reading, building codes, N.F.P.A.,.O.S.H.A., Joint Commission EOC requirements, policy and procedure development and implementation.
* Three years in healthcare management, construction management, plant operations management, or medical equipment management.
* Progressive management experience (may have served in lead position or acted in absence of management.)
* Effective written and verbal communication skills.