Medical Support Assistant
Employment Type: Full-Time
Your time at work should be fulfilling. Rewarding. Inspiring. That's what you'll find when you join one of our non-profit CHI facilities across the nation. You'll find challenging, rewarding work every day alongside people who have as much compassion as you. Join us and together we'll create healthier, stronger communities.
In healthcare, we all agree that support is a must in order to be successful. This position will support our healthcare teams by ensuring they have everything they need in order to care for our patients. They also play a huge role in a patient's experience and prep when they visit any CHI facility. We couldn't do it without you! If you have a passion for supporting others and enhancing patient experience, we want to talk to you.
What you'll do:
* Greet and prepare patients for the health care provider, and assist Physicians and Nursing staff with procedures when necessary.
* Assist Clinical staff in gathering medical history information, and may take and record vital signs, as well as document patient information for medical record including, height, weight, tests and results.
* Prepare, clean and sterilize instruments and maintain equipment/supplies that comply with quality of care while maintaining budget. Keep patient exam rooms stocked, clean and orderly; dispose of contaminated items according to protocol, and may need to maintain a safe and clean laboratory.
* Following completion of training and competency validation may be required to collect blood samples from patients and prepare specimens for lab analysis, perform Clinical Laboratory Improvement Amendments (CLIA) - waived and non-waived (moderate complexity) Point-of-care (POC) laboratory tests and procedures and perform Electrocardiograms (EKG).
* May schedule patients for diagnostic testing and follow up to ensure completion of testing.
* Provide for patient safety and protection of patient privacy rights, and ensure safety checklists/quality controls are completed as required.
* Must have the ability to handle work fluctuations and escalate non-routine issues, questions and/or concerns to the Practice Manager or healthcare provider(s).
* May safely transport patients using appropriate equipment within the facility, and follow emergency procedures including CPR, if necessary.
* Perform other duties as assigned by Practice Manager, Nursing staff or as requested by healthcare provider(s).
* High school diploma or equivalent required.
* Graduate from an accredited Nursing Assistant program required.
* Current/valid CNA certification (Certified Nursing Assistant) required.
* Basic Life Support (BLS) required.
* Active or become active on CNA state registry within 90 days of hire required.
* 2 years Certified Nurse Assistant experience required.
Skills & Experience: can, certified nursing assistant, patient care tech, compassionate, nursing assistant, clinic, family practice, caring, understanding, priority care, specialty care, Physician Enterprise, The Physician Network