Employment Type: Full-Time
The Database Developer is responsible for improving and maintaining custom software solutions for clinical and non-clinical stakeholders associated with Cayuga Health Partners, with an emphasis on data modeling and development. The Database Developer will provide technical solutions to meet the needs of stakeholders, using a combination of design and analysis techniques. The developer will be involved in every stage of the development lifecycle, and must communicate project milestones with stakeholders via presentations and written documentation.
Job Responsibilities include:
* Analyze system requirements
* Propose designs for solutions that satisfy stakeholder requirements
* Evaluate technical solutions using quantitative and qualitative methods
* Participate in peer review and QA processes
* Implement technical solutions using new and existing technology components
* Evaluate database queries for correctness
* Incorporate new data feeds into a data warehouse
* Evaluate data integrity and correctness for external data feeds
* Generate Business Intelligence reports using custom queries
* Be proficient in T-SQL, Python, and PowerShell
Education - Bachelor's degree (or equivalent experience) in computer science or related field.
Experience - Industry-relevant experience in software development.
Licensure - None required.
Physical Requirements - Must be able to remain in a stationary position at least 75% of the time. The person in this position frequently communicates with other IT, clinical, and non-clinical professionals. Must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations.