2118- Product Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Certara is hiring an Product Manager to support our Software Division! This position can be based out of any of our US offices, or full time remote.
At Certara, we accelerate medicines to patients by partnering with life science innovators.
In the past 6 years, over 90% of companies that received new drug approvals by the FDA used our software or services. Our integrated and proprietary end-to-end platform with biosimulation, regulatory science, and market access solutions combined with our strong team of scientists and subject matter experts enable our clients to have:
* informed decision-making & reduced clinical trial burden
* higher R&D productivity
* improved patient outcomes & increased patient access to medicines
* accelerated regulatory approval
Certara is a global team that fosters and nurtures a diverse and inclusive culture. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. The collective sum of our individual differences, life experiences, knowledge, innovation, self-expression, and unique capabilities and talent represents a significant part of our culture, our reputation and our achievement.
Together with our partners, we use biosimulation and technology-enabled services to transform drug discovery and development across all therapeutic areas and innovative therapies.
The Product Manager (s) will be a key driver of developing the product road map for an existing software portfolio and potentially other products in the pipeline. The individual will develop insights from interactions with customers along with a keen understanding of competitive offerings to inform product direction. The role also requires close interaction with the Product Owner, UI/UX Designer, and product development.
Managing a product line at Certara requires serving as the conduit between the market place, sales, marketing, and the product development team to communicate appropriate customer needs and future trend insights to build and improve products that create meaningful value for Certara's customers.
The role requires working with Product Management tools, processes and best practices. This role requires a deep understanding of the drug development value chain and business, as well as the key software tools and technologies used to support drug development.
* Discover what users need by conducting user research and unveiling critical insights.
* Create the product's long-term vision and strategy in the context of Certara's strategic vision.
* Align the team around a cohesive product roadmap.
* Prioritize features for development; i.e. decide what to build next.
* Deliver features that function and delight customers.
* Champion the team, partners, and external stakeholders to ensure alignment around overall strategy and direction of the product.
* Document the product vision and strategy in roadmaps, release plans, etc.
* Work closely with Sales, Marketing and product development teams to develop Product/Service strategies, targeting identified market segments and defining Product/Service offerings that address specific customer needs in those segments.
* Gather and analyze data from various sources to identify the needs, pain points and other opportunities to improve the user experience
* Maintain an on-going awareness of the activities of Certara's software competitors, including monitoring competitor business agreements, pricing, technology trends, etc. The Product Manager will communicate competitive intelligence to other groups within the organization.
* Work collaboratively with Marketing, Sales and Product Development teams on product launches and development projects
* Possess strong technical skills with an understanding Agile software development practices, along with management tools such as JIRA, Confluence, GitHub, et c.
* Represent the company by visiting customers and conferences to solicit feedback on company products and services.
* Act as a product evangelist within Certara and with external audiences to build awareness and understanding of Certara's current and future product vision
* 10+ years total experience either as a Product Manager or in roles with similar responsibilities
* Bachelor's degree in business, life sciences, computer technology or related fields is required; Advanced degree is preferred
* Professional Product Management training is an asset
Skills & Abilities:
* Enterprise software experience, preferably including cloud-based solutions is a strong plus.
* Experience in pharmaceutical, biotech (including service providers to those industries) or scientific-related industries with a regulatory component.
* In-depth technical and domain knowledge and the ability to effectively work with customers and domain leaders to capture business requirements and with R&D staff to translate market requirements into product requirements.
* The ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits is crucial.
* Ability to conduct and utilize market research and competitive analyses, the ability to grasp and translate technical capabilities into benefits is crucial.
* Ability to build a deep understanding of customer experience, identify and fill product gaps and generate new ideas that grow market share, improve customer experience and drive growth.
* Ability to travel up to 10%.
Certara bases all employment-related decision on merit, taking into consideration qualifications, skills, achievement, and performance. We treat all applicants and employees without regard to personal characteristics such as race, color, ethnicity, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, nationality, marital status, pregnancy, physical or mental condition, genetic information, military service, or other characteristic protected by law.