Machinist - 2nd Shift
Employment Type: Full-Time
Run, set up and edit jobs on manual and CNC machines such as Lathes, Mills, Grinders and HoneMachines. Will be responsible for the use of general to advance hand-measuring tools daily. Working closely with teams from all areas of the Machine Shop, to help assist in the development and troubleshooting of jobs and projects.
* Set up manual and CNC equipment, ability to prove out and edit some programs
* Change cutting tools and adjust machine feeds and speeds for optimal efficiency
* Assist with editing of G and M codes on the machines
* Identify, organize, estimate, and recognize differences or similarities with excellent attention to detail.
* Set-up and run jobs to include fixturing, open set-ups and trouble-shoot set-ups and be able to
* Resolve problems by making decisions to correct geometric constraints.
* Assist in equipment set up to help eliminate non-conformance and spindle down time.
* Perform part inspection and in process inspections
* Setup inspection tools, including but not limited to: Micrometers, gage blocks. Bore gauges
* Identify and implement opportunities for process improvement and increased efficiency
* Maintain basic equipment and work area on a daily basis in a clean and orderly condition.
* May help quote jobs with the understanding of time management and the jobs being quoted
* Perform daily 5S duties
* High School education or equivalent is required.
* Technical education is preferred
* Exposure to ID/OD Grinding, Manual and CNC Milling and Manual and CNC Lathe experience is preferred
* Aerospace, Okuma, Haas, Matsuura, Centroid, Hermle and Fryer experience is preferred (Lathe and Mill)
* Kellenberger, Studer, Moore Jig Grinder, Sunnen Hone and Fryer experience preferred (Grind)
* Ability to perform basic math skills efficiently and accurately
* Knowledge of manufacturing processes related to aerospace industry
* Blueprint reading, knowledge of GD&T, basic machine operation 'Button Pusher,' to Machining and knowledge of cutting tools is preferred
* Strong written and verbal communication skills.
* Ability to adapt to change and stressful situations.
* Willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges.
* Strong attention to detail
* Proficient in computer applications; including Microsoft Word