Grain Leadership Trainee
Employment Type: Full-Time
Thank you for your interest in joining our team! At CGB, you can contribute to meaningful work, grow professionally and personally, and belong in a place where everyone has a voice.
Founded in 1969, CGB Enterprises, Inc. is known as an innovative and progressive leader in the grain and transportation industries. Today, CGB operates an enterprise with over 100 locations and over 1,000 U.S. employees overseeing a diverse family of businesses that provide an array of services for producers and logistics services for an international base of customers. The combination of our assets provides a growing organization that is celebrating over 50 years of strength and stability!
Are you hungry to be a game changer in the agricultural industry with a company that is innovative and growing? At CGB, we are looking for motivated individuals with an entrepreneurial spirit to come grow with us!
CGB believes strongly in developing well rounded leaders in order to drive successful business results. The central responsibility of this role is to gain the business knowledge necessary that will enable timely and capable decision making in order to assume a management/leadership role within the Grain division. Developmental opportunities in this role will allow the incumbent to gain broad-based knowledge of our industry and organization and may last up to 36 months.
Training will involve classroom sessions, on-the-job training, computer-based training and self-study projects. Training may occur in one or more market locations with the candidate accepting responsibilities across the business' functional groups. This role will learn and practice leadership skills and assume responsibilities during training to ensure their department operates in an efficient and profitable manner while facing different and new challenges every day. Upon completion of the trainee program, candidates will have demonstrated proficiency in commercial decision making across a broad range of business functions. The job has direct input on personnel issues, financial decisions, construction projects and proposals, as well as the daily operations of the department.
In this job, you will:
* Regularly review and analyze income statements in order to understand business achievement and monitor the downstream effects of commercial decisions.
* Leverage facility capabilities while maximizing efficiency and profitability; this will include directing daily work to include staffing, loading, receiving, and storage plans.
* Provide recommendations and strategies for business improvement to best utilize hard and soft assets.
* Issue and execute cash contracts and grower agreements with a strong understanding of risks associated.
* Originate grain to drive profitability and increase sales, establish rapport with existing customers while increasing customer base.
* Develop and implement a strong knowledge of risk positions and available hedging mechanisms in order to maximize profit.
* Perform market research and establish opinions based upon available information that become the basis for local strategies in origination, operations, and trading.
* Leverage available resources to create revenue through grain and transportation positions.
* Independently negotiate price, quality specifications, and delivery details associated with cash grain and transportation contracts
* Communicate market trends and information to regional staff; ensuring timely and quality market information.
* Assist in preparing regular forecasts and budgets.
* Adopt the company's safety culture: work with management and assumes authority to lead, direct, communicate, and enforce the company's safety program at assigned facility/facilities.
* Other job duties as assigned.
Here's what you'll need to be considered:
Required - Bachelor's degree in related field or equivalent training and work experience.
Preferred - Bachelor's degree in Agriculture or Technical Systems Management.
Required - None.
Preferred - Experience leading a group of people.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Knowledge of grain or bulk materials handling.
* Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of people within and outside the organization.
* Intermediate computer skills, including working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite.
* Leadership and managerial skills.
* Conflict management skills.
* Ability to relocate once training is finalized and ready to promote into new role.
Here's additional information you need to know:
Physical Demands & Requirements
Medium work. Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 30 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Balancing. Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling and walking, standing or crouching on narrow, slippery, or erratically moving surfaces. This factor is important if the amount of balancing exceeds that needed for ordinary locomotion and maintenance of body equilibrium.
Climbing. Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, scaffolding, ramps, poles and the like, using feet and legs and/or hands and arms. Body agility is emphasized. This factor is important if the amount and kind of climbing required exceeds that required for ordinary locomotion.
Confined Spaces. Ability to work in confined and space restricted areas.
Lifting. Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position-to-position. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires substantial use of upper extremities and back muscles.
Stooping. Bending body downward and forward by bending spine at the waist. This factor is important if it occurs to a considerable degree and requires full motion of the lower extremities and back muscles.
Talking. Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word. Those activities in which they must convey detailed or important spoken instructions to other workers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
The employee is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading; visual inspection involving small defects, small parts, and/or operation of machines (including inspection); using measurement devices; and/or assembly or fabrication parts at distances close to the eyes.
The work environment described here are meant to be representative of those an employee would normally encounter while performing the essential functions of this job.
The physical environment requires the employee to work both inside and outside in heat/cold, wet/humid, and dry/arid conditions. Frequently required to use personal protective equipment.
Exposure to such conditions such as fumes, noxious odors, dusts, mists, gases, and/or poor ventilation that affect the respiratory system, eyes, or skin.
Travel, approximately 25%.
Are you ready to make a meaningful career move & an impact at CGB? Apply today!
Known in our industry for stability and high ethics, CGB Enterprises, Inc. offers a stellar benefits package including: an outstanding 401(k) retirement plan with company contributions, medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, life, & disability benefits, flexible spending accounts, paid leave (holidays, vacation, sick), wellness programs, recognition programs, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
CGB Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO is the Law links in English or Spanish.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
All Third Party Agencies, Headhunters, and Recruiters
CGB Enterprises, Inc. and its Subsidiaries only forms contracts with recruiters with whom we have an established relationship and with whom we have in place a signed contract. All contact from third parties must go through our Human Resources Department. Any contact made outside of our Human Resources Department by a third party will cancel any future business relationships between the third party and CGB Enterprises, Inc. and its Subsidiaries.