Seasonal Bulk Handler Technician
Employment Type: Full-Time
Thank you for your interest in joining our team! At CGB, you can contribute to meaningful work, grow professionally and personally, and belong in a place where everyone has a voice.
Founded in 1969, CGB Enterprises, Inc. is known as an innovative and progressive leader in the grain and transportation industries. Today, CGB operates an enterprise with over 100 locations and over 1,000 U.S. employees overseeing a diverse family of businesses that provide an array of services for producers and logistics services for an international base of customers. The combination of our assets provides a growing organization that is celebrating over 50 years of strength and stability!
Do you have experience operating a forklift? Do you enjoy working on a production line with 6 other team members? If so, this could be the job for YOU!
This job is primarily responsible for working at facilities that unload barges of bulk and/or break bulk products. This job performs a wide variety of duties that are based on the daily needs of the operation.
In this job, you will:
Actual responsibilities will vary depending on daily needs and type of facility.
* Begin training in the bagging production line and operating a forklift
* Fully participate in the company Safety Program and attends daily pre-shift meetings.
* Perform all duties within compliance of OSHA, company safety, and environmental regulations (ISO where applicable); including wearing appropriate PPE for task being performed.
* Perform deckhand responsibilities e.g., properly securing barges, reading drafts, opening, closing, removing and placement of lids, tying off barges, etc.
* Operate a skid loader inside of barge during final stage of barge unloading process.
* Set up and perform the operation of conveyor system(s), where applicable.
* Ensure the correct product is directed to the correct storage area, where applicable.
* Perform clean-up of barge once unload is completed by sweeping and/or shoveling.
* Perform the loading of railcars and trucks to specifications, where applicable.
* Complete documentation timely, accurately and legibly.
* Operate a variety of heavy equipment and perform PM, where applicable.
Here's what you'll need to be considered:
Required - High school diploma or equivalent, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Required - None.
Preferred - 1 years' experience working in an industrial environment with a dependable work record.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
* Basic mathematical skills (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
* Effective interpersonal, oral and written communication skills with the ability to interact with all levels of people within and outside the organization.
* Ability to complete documentation requirements.
* Able to follow direction and to use logical thought process to interpret oral and written instructions and troubleshoot problems.
* Ability to work well both independently and within a team environment.
* Ability to use tools appropriate for assigned task.
* Ability to remain focused on exceptional customer service, both internally and externally.
Here's additional information you need to know:
* This is a full-time SEASONAL position working out of our facility in Naples, IL.
* Starts immediately
* Will work full-time for 6 months+
* Working hours: Mon-Fri 6:30 am - 4pm; OT and weekend work required.
Are you ready to make a meaningful career move & an impact at CGB? Apply today!
Known in our industry for stability and high ethics, CGB Enterprises, Inc. offers a stellar benefits package including: an outstanding 401(k) retirement plan with company contributions, medical, prescription drug, dental, vision, life, & disability benefits, flexible spending accounts, paid leave (holidays, vacation, sick), wellness programs, recognition programs, community involvement opportunities, and much more!
CGB Enterprises, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. EEO is the Law links in English or Spanish.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this position. It should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
All Third Party Agencies, Headhunters, and Recruiters
CGB Enterprises, Inc. and its Subsidiaries only forms contracts with recruiters with whom we have an established relationship and with whom we have in place a signed contract. All contact from third parties must go through our Human Resources Department. Any contact made outside of our Human Resources Department by a third party will cancel any future business relationships between the third party and CGB Enterprises, Inc. and its Subsidiaries.