12 Month Employee- Crown Point
Employment Type: Full-Time
12 Month Employee- Crown Point
JOB PURPOSE: Responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient operation of the school office in order for the office's maximum positive impact on the education of children can be realized.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Understands role as CSUSA Representative as evidenced within:
* Leads by example in adherence and knowledge of the CSUSA and school's Vision, Mission and Values demonstrated by his/her commitment to act in an ethical manner using behaviors that promote a team concept.
* Follows through on duties and projects assigned.
* Participates in and successfully completes training programs offered to increase skill and proficiency related to assignments.
* Reviews current developments, literature and technical sources of information related to job responsibility.
* Follows company policies, and federal and state laws.
* Ensures adherence to good safety procedures.
* Consults directly with CSUSA personnel when applicable.
School office responsibilities
* Takes and transcribes dictation of various types, including reports, correspondence, observation and evaluation reports, letters, memos, newsletters, and other documents.
* Maintains the schedule of appointments for the principal and makes arrangements for meetings, conferences, interviews and other activities.
* Prepares evaluations, memos, newsletters, presentations and other documents at direction of the Principal.
* Coordinates the assignments and the work of substitute teachers.
* Performs office routines and practices such as sorting mail, operating the copy machine, serving as telephone receptionist and others.
* Prepares processes and maintains oversight of purchase orders.
* Maintains an appropriate filing system and readily retrieves documents through the use of this system.
* Manages records and correspondence, improves systems when necessary; responds to requests for information.
* Acts as an information resource for other office personnel in the building; communicates assigned duties to other office personnel as required.
* Has the ability to organize and prioritize multiple assignments.
* Is extremely organized, process driven, and detail oriented.
MAY PERFORM OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNED
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
* Demonstrates enthusiasm and commitment toward the job and the mission of the company; supports the company's values in the strategic areas of academic excellence, operational performance, superior culture, and financial health and growth, as outlined in the Employee Handbook.
* Has the ability to consistently be at work, to arrive on time, to follow instructions, to respond to management direction and solicit feedback to improve performance.
* Establishes excellent interpersonal skills between all constituents: is courteous, professional, and helpful; demonstrates high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations; requires demonstrated poise, tact and diplomacy.
* Maintains the confidentiality of school business.
* Possesses excellent communication skills: Oral (including presentations), Written, Interpersonal (active listening), Negotiating and Influencing.
* Possesses great phone etiquette.
* Is proactive and takes initiative. Thinks creatively. Drives projects to completion. Insists on highest level of quality.
* Works with and interacts with staff and relates to individuals at all levels of the organization., Is sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill, and the public image, as unique situations present themselves.
* Possesses strong customer orientation.
* Works with large amounts of data, researches and interprets records, detects errors, and makes the necessary corrections.
* Looks for ways to improve and promote quality and demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness.
* Strives to implement best practices.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* Sitting for long periods of time
* The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds of force
* Vision abilities required by this job include close vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to office equipment and vehicles. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet to moderate.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
* Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with CSUSA salary and benefit policy. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be those established by Charter Schools USA.
* This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an 'at will' relationship.
FLSA OVERTIME CATEGORY
Job is non-exempt under the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act.
Performance will be evaluated in accordance with Charter Schools USA's Policy.
The Charter Schools USA Human Resources Department retains the sole right and discretion to make changes to this position description. Any employee making changes unauthorized by Human Resources Department will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
* High School diploma or equivalent.
* One to two years of office experience with a wide variety of responsibilities.
* Successful results of criminal and employment background check.
* Comfortable working in learning environment as part of a team.
* Bilingual ability may be required per advertised vacancy specifications.
* Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Student Information System (SIS) and email communications.
* Commitment to company values.
* Such alternatives to the above requirements as CSUSA may find appropriate and acceptable.