Electronic Technician II
Employment Type: Full-Time
The Electronics Technician II with Tower Technician qualifications applies basic and minimal advanced technical knowledge to solve routine problems by interpreting manufacturers' manuals or similar documents, industry experience and local and national code requirements. Work requires familiarity and the understanding of various types of circuits with good judgment in planning work, sequence, selection of appropriate tools, testing instruments, industry best practices/standards, and may be reviewed for compliance against the quality control installation and servicing plan. This technician works under immediate supervision and should request technical guidance, as required, from supervisor or higher-level technician.
* Reading, understanding, adhering to blueprints and installation design plans for the installation or maintaining of sub-level devices (i.e. patch panels, junction boxes) and head end equipment
* Reading and understanding, adhering to component level schematic diagrams for systems, equipment and devices
* Identifying appropriate cables from drawings, cable summaries or other such documents and running cables/fiber per installation design plans
* Able to read, interpret and understand designs or other ESS related documents
* Repairing and maintaining all types of electronic security system equipment e.g. CCTV, ACS, IDS and VMS
* Ability to install a variety of ESS systems and devices to include but not limited to ACS/IDS, CCTV, VMS.
* Preparing and installing cable pathways & spaces
* Cable testing. (i.e. VOM/Multi-meter, Continuity tester, TDR, OTDR)
* Cable pulling In Accordance With (IAW) industry best practices and enforceable codes (i.e. 18-2, 22-4, RG59/6, Cat5e, Fiber Optics and composite cables)
* Performing field verification testing
* Fiber Optic termination and splicing
* Assist in the installation of all aspects of wireless cell site foundations
* Installation of up-top equipment including masts, clamping, bracing, supports, antennas, RRUs, cabling, bolting, true up, shooting proper azimuth within tolerances, reading maps and a compass, torque to spec, labeling, picture-taking, documentation, plumb and tilt readings with smart level, etc.
* Assemble monopole, all weld and knock down self-support and guyed towers
* Antenna installation of microwave parabolic 1 to 15-foot, VHF, UHF, cellular and FM broadcast antennas
* Transmission line and installation of foam or air dielectric coaxial, hardline and elliptical waveguides
* Assist in the preparation of cleanup of sites
* Responsible for tool inventory and upkeep daily on job site.
* Ability to troubleshoot / solve issues on your own
* Adhering to all Company and Client policies and procedures
* Other duties as assigned
* At least 3 years' experience in commercial/industrial or government electronic security installation & troubleshooting is required with a high school degree Or
* At least two years' experience coupled with Graduation from an Accredited Electronic Technician / Electrical Apprenticeship Program with a high school degree; Or
* At least two years' experience with an AA/AS in Electronics from an accredited program; Or at least one-year experience with BS/BA in Electronics from an accredited program
* 6-18 months experience in general construction
* Current ComTrain or equivalent certification in Tower Climbing Safety and Rescue required.
* Minimum of one (1) year of experience as a tower climber required.
* Successful completion and passing score of all mandatory company certifications are required
* Ability to climb, at least, a 250' telecommunications tower required
* Willingness to work in hot and cold weather conditions for long periods of time required
* Experience in tower-rigging required.
* Must have or ability obtain First Aid and CPR certification
* Strong organizational, administrative, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
* Must have a valid driver's license
* Must have personal transportation
* Must live within 50 miles of place of assignment AFB.
* Must willing to travel up to 40 percent of the year if required
* May include random drug screening upon request