Current Incentives for qualifying external Nurses with a 2 year commitment
- Up to a $20,000Sign on Bonus (prorated by FTE- min 0.6 FTE required); Lump sum payment within 30 days of start)
- Up to $25,000 inEducation Loan Forgiveness for qualifying loans
- Up to a $20,000 RN Residency Completion Bonus for qualifying RN Residents
- Relocation Assistance for experienced RNs
CHI Franciscan and Virginia Mason are now united to build the future of patient-centered care across the Pacific Northwest. That means a seamlessly connected system offering quality care close to home. From basic health needs to the most complex, highly specialized care, our patients can count on us to meet their needs with convenient access to the region’s most prestigious experts and innovative treatments and technologies.
As a part of our organization, we currently offer the following additional benefits:
- Competitive starting wages (DOE) and training to grow within the company
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Flexible health spending accounts (FSA)
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Care@Work premium account for additional support with children, pets, dependent adults, and household needs
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identify Theft
- Adoption Assistance
- Wellness Program
This position is eligible for a sign on bonus up to $20k paid out after 30 days!! Please see below for further information!
Our patient population includes GI bleeds, DKA, acute renal failure, acute stroke, MI, and sepsis to name a few. Our PCU patients and stable ICU patients are cared for by our FIT (Franciscan Inpatient Team) providers and our ICU patients are cared for by our Pulmonary Intensivists. We also have the support of our Virtual ICU 24 hours a day/7 days a week.
We support a culture of collaboration and team work to help each other grow. We practice multidisciplinary care with a care meeting each morning and daily rounding on patients by the FIT providers and Nurses.
The management structure of the unit consists of an experienced Clinical Manager and a Clinical Coordinator who work together to oversee the unit. The Charge Nurses provide clinical support for the staff, participate in rapid responses and are Code leaders for the hospital. They also help to maintain the flow of the unit. The staff is comprised of RNs and Care Assistants with support services provided by Respiratory Care, Pharmacists, PT/OT and a Dietician. RN assignments are determined by patient census and acuity and our normal RN ratios are 3:1 for PCU patients and 2:1 or 1:1 for ICU patients with CNA support.Qualifications
Graduation from an accredited school of nursing; BSN preferred
Previous PCU/ICU or Medical/Surgical experience is preferred.
New graduates with completion of a senior practicum in Critical Care will also be given preference for residency positions.
Current RN license from the Washington State Board of Nursing
Current Healthcare BLS Certification
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) must be obtained within 6 months of hire
**The bonus amount will be prorated based on the FTE with a minimum .6 FTE required. To be eligible you must have a minimum of 1 year of experience in the specialty you are being hired into and you must be new to Virginia Mason Franciscan health or a non employee for a minimum of 12 months. Per diem employees who have not held an FTE for 12 months are also eligible! Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information! ** #missioncritical