Clinical Counselor - Trauma Informed
Employment Type: Full-Time
#MyCHSWhy Nicole Rainey from Children's Home Society Florida on Vimeo.
Since opening our doors in 1902, CHS became a part of Florida's history.
CHS has been committed to growing and evolving to provide the right services and solutions to address the needs of children and families throughout the changing times. Every day, our team works with parents and kids to empower them and encourage them. With innovative technology solutions and a dedicated, experienced team throughout the state, we're changing the face of foster care and positively impacting children and families' lives for generations to come.
Join our team to continue to do good and create history serving Florida's children and families!
As a Clinical Counselor for Hillsborough County (part-time/full-time) you'll provide hope, healing, and health to children, teens, and adults through clinical and supportive counseling services. This is an exceptional opportunity for a focused and dedicated Social Services Professional who is determined to do the very best for children in need and thrives in a fast-paced, never-the-same work environment.
WHY JOIN CHS?
* Uplifting mission-driven work culture
* Make an impact in your community and become a part of Florida's history!
* Growth and professional development opportunities
* Great benefits package, including generous paid time off and holidays
* Opportunity to make a positive difference in children and families within your own community!
* Provide clinical and supportive counseling services; individual, group and family therapy, including but not limited to TBOS, Outpatient or BHOS in a CHS office/facility, client homes and school community as necessary.
* Deliver evidence-based treatment intervention (i.e., Trauma-Focused Care, Infant Mental Health).
* Complete billable units and enter applicable data into the Client Information System (CIS) and other data systems in a timely manner as required by the program and/or contract requirements.
* Facilitate psycho-educational classes and/or groups such as parenting skills, independent living skills, anger management, behavior management, substance abuse, MAPP/Pride training, etc.
* Provide case management services including information, plan referral and linkages, where appropriate. Coordinate services with other professionals and para-professionals and liaison with outside social service agencies and other organizations.
* Provide in-depth clinical assessment, diagnosis of clinical conditions, treatment plans and intervention under the supervision of a licensed clinician, including one of the following: TBOS, Outpatient or BHOS services (only provided in Residential settings), when necessary.
* Oversee the behavioral program or treatment interventions associated with the client's treatment plan.
* Participate in peer review process to oversee that services provided comply with contract, Medicaid and licensing requirements, COA, and internal quality assurance standards.
* Strong knowledge about all things Clinical Counseling
* Strong organizational skills and a tireless focus on quality results
* Exceptional leadership, interpersonal and communication skills that allow you to work well with diverse teams, clients and families
* Resiliency, with a propensity to persevere in spite of constant change
* A sincere passion for helping others in need.
* Master's degree in Social Work, Psychology, Marriage and Family Therapy, Mental Health Counseling or comparable human services related degree
* Two years of professional experience in providing services to persons with behavioral health disorders OR professional experience in providing services to persons with behavioral health disorders and the ability to be s