Recreational Therapist, Waltham Inpatient Psychiatric Unit
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Posting Description
At Boston Children's Hospital, the quality of our care - and our inclusive hospital working environment - lies in the diversity of our people. With patients from local communities and 160 countries around the world, we're committed to reflecting the spectrum of their cultures, while opening doors of opportunity for our team. Here, different talents pursue common goals. Voices are heard and ideas are shared. Join us, and discover how your unique contributions can change lives. Yours included.
The Recreational Therapist will be responsible for:
* Serving child and adolescent patients with psychiatric and behavioral problems.
* Following established procedures, methods, and protocols, providing skilled therapeutic group services and safety management of patients hospitalized with psychiatric illnesses.
* Providing consultation and support to Nursing Staff.
* Participating as member of multidisciplinary team to plan, provide, and communicate patient treatment/behavior goals and requirements.
* 8 hour shifts between the hours of 8:30am - 7:00pm
To qualify, you must have:
* Significant experience leading therapeutic groups.
* Bachelor's degree required, in Therapeutic Recreation (CTRS) preferred.
* The ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing, the ability to mediate fair solutions using conflict resolution skills and provide empathy in difficult interpersonal situations.
* The ability to teach others including patients, families and peers in their further development of problem solving and communication skills.
Please note: During a public health emergency, individuals in this role may be expected to take on additional duties to respond to organizational needs.
Boston Children's Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including an affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.#06022021