SSC Physician Billing Service Manager
Employment Type: Full-Time
Job Posting Description
At Boston Children's Hospital, the quality of our care - and our inclusive hospital working environment - lies in the diversity of our people. With patients from local communities and 160 countries around the world, we're committed to reflecting the spectrum of their cultures, while opening doors of opportunity for our team. Here, different talents pursue common goals. Voices are heard and ideas are shared. Join us, and discover how your unique contributions can change lives. Yours included.
This SSC Physician Billing Services Manager will be responsible for:
* Overseeing the management and supervision of the physician billing services analytical / reporting team for assigned functions within the SSC (Shared Services Center).
* Overseeing the production of monthly analytics used to report billing performance to foundation directors and medical chiefs. Analyzing trends, identifying root causes of revenue declines and maintains statistics for all reporting.
* Presenting performance report data and KPI (Key Performance Indicators) to department leadership in reports and meetings.
* Developing and implementing short & long-term strategies to manage assigned billing support services. Evaluating workflow & allocating resources to provide the highest levels of performance and efficiency.
* Analyzing, identifying, recommending, and implementing process improvements.
* Interacting & collaborating regularly with service-line billing managers & directors, Patient Financial Services, and the Physicians' Organization. Attending internal & external meetings.
* Assuming overall responsibility for HR management of the SSC Billing Services team. Interviewing, hiring, orienting, training, etc. of employees.
* Implementing, monitoring, and revising annual goals, objectives, and performance standards including team metrics for assigned revenue cycle functions. Assessing performance and using metrics to identify opportunities and drive performance improvement. Collaborating with enterprise foundation departments and participating in initiatives to develop system enhancements and automation opportunities
To qualify you must have:
* An Associate's Degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Administration, Accounting or related field required. A Bachelor's degree is preferred.
* Ten (10) years of experience in progressively responsible medical billing/revenue cycle operation or physician office experience, including five (5) years of prior direct report supervisory/management oversight.
* Analytical skills necessary to plan for design or enhance billing systems and programs.
* State-of-the-art awareness of billing requirements and technology related to physician billing to resolve problems.
Please note: During a public health emergency, individuals in this role may be expected to take on additional duties to respond to organizational needs.
Boston Children's Hospital offers competitive compensation and unmatched benefits, including an affordable health, vision and dental insurance, generous levels of time off, 403(b) Retirement Savings plan, Pension, Tuition Reimbursement, cell phone plan discounts and discounted rates on T-passes (50% off). Discover your best.
Boston Children's Hospital is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability.