Nurse Extern Neuro ICU PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Johnston-Willis Hospital, a 292-bed acute care facility,is located in the upbeat, North Chesterfield area, a short drive from Chesterfield Town Center, offering an abundance of restaurants and shops. Johnston-Willis Hospital is a Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) facility, who ranks 63rd on Fortune’s 100, and is one of the largest healthcare systems in the U.S, where healthcare employment opportunities are almost endless!
Johnston-Willis Hospital Awards and Designations:
- The Joint CommissionGold Seal of Approval
- Top Performer on surgical care, perinatal care, pneumonia, heart attack, and hip and knee replacement
- Johnston-Willis Hospital performs more da Vinci® robotic surgeries than any other single facility in Central Virginia
- First Hospital in Virginia to be designated as aCenter of Excellence in Robotic Surgery (COERS)by the Surgical Review Corporation.
Our Neuro ICU:
- 12 Private Rooms
- Patient Population: Complicated Neuro-Surgical Procedures, Ischemic and Hemorrhagic Strokes, Extensive Spine Surgeries, Neuro-Interventional and Endovascular Procedures, Brain Tumor and Gamma Knife Treatment
- Nurse leaders on this unit have a passion for supporting staff in reaching their professional goals through focusing on excellent practice, collegial relationships, and educational opportunities
What are your job functions?
- Demonstrate the knowledge and skill to provide care to the cardiac/medicine patient under the direction of the professional nurse.
- Perform job tasks to ensure personal, patient and departmental safety.
- Communicate effectively and professionally with internal and external customers. Document required information according to hospital policy.
- Function in an organized and time conscious manner.
- Present self in a professional manner.
- Use computer proficiently.
- Demonstrate proficiency in using the cardiac monitoring system.
- Current enrollment in accredited RN nursing program (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- Successful completion of a Nursing Fundamentals Course (for RN student nurses). Recent computer experience- data entry and retrieval. Experience with medical terminology. Satisfactory reference from last employer or vocational school (required)
- Weekend & Holiday Requirements
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.