Nurse Extern Telemetry Unit PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
See why our employees love working at Chippenham Hospital
As one of the largest facilities in the nation’s largest hospital system (HCA), Chippenham Hospital provides the full scope of healthcare services. With 466 beds, we specialize in heart care at the Levinson Heart Hospital and emotional and mental health services through the Tucker Pavilion. Our ER is also a state-authorized Provisional Level I trauma center and we offer Central Virginia’s only Pediatric ER staffed 24/7 by pediatric-trained ER nurse and physician specialists.
Trauma Telemetry Unit:
- 34 private rooms with bedside monitoring
- Provisional Level I Trauma
- Primary Stroke Certified
- Great Teamwork
- Excellent learning opportunities with the various patient population: Trauma, Cardiac, Neuro, Renal and Gastro
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
Demonstrates the knowledge and skill to provide care to the cardiac/medicine patient under the direction of the professional nurse.
Performs job tasks to ensure personal, patient and departmental safety.
Communicates effectively and professionally with internal and external customers. Documents required information according to hospital policy.
Functions in an organized and time conscious manner.
Presents self in a professional manner.
Uses computer proficiently.
Demonstrates proficiency in using the cardiac monitoring system.
- Current enrollment in accredited RN nursing program (required)
- American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care Provider (required)
- Successful completion of a Nursing Fundamentals Course (for RN student nurses). Recent computer experience- data entry and retrieval. Experience with medical terminology. Satisfactory reference from last employer or vocational school (required)
- Weekend & Holiday Requirements
We are an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Our Company’s recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here.
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.