Pharmacist Intern - Pharmacy - PRN
Prepares, compounds, and dispenses medications in accordance to established hospital policy and procedures, State, and Federal laws, rules, and regulations under the supervision of the Pharmacist.
CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline overlooking Corpus Christi Bay is the largest and foremost acute care medical facility in the region, with a full range of diagnostic and surgical specialty services in cardiac, cancer and stroke care. It is the leading emergency facility in the area and the only Level II Trauma Center in the Coastal Bend, staffed with physicians and nurses specially trained in emergency services.
- The Pavilion and the Critical Care Center house a state-of-the-art Emergency Department, ICU, Cardiac Cath Lab and surgical suites.
- A teaching facility, in affiliation with the Texas A&M University System Health Science Center College of Medicine
- Accredited Chest Pain Center
- Accredited Joint Commission Stroke Team
The Shoreline campus is a premiere facility housing many of the region’s most vital and renowned programs such as a Primary Stroke Center, nationally accredited Cancer Center and a nationally recognized Chest Pain Center. The Pavilion at CHRISTUS Spohn Hospital Corpus Christi-Shoreline houses the CHRISTUS Spohn Heart Network, which was recently recognized as one of the top 100 cardiovascular hospitals in the United States. The Heart Institute offers the most advanced diagnostic, surgical and rehabilitative cardiac services in one convenient location.
- Enrolled and in good standing with an Accredited Pharmacy School Program
- Successful completion of the first professional year and a minimum of 30 credit hours of work towards a professional degree in pharmacy
- Knowledge of computerized unit dose and IV admixture systems
- ACPE approved 20-hour sterile products course within 90 days of hire/transfer
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills Good organizational, interpersonal and computer skills
- Previous hospital experience preferred
- Registered Pharmacy Intern License with the Texas State Board of Pharmacy
Per Diem As Needed