Supervisor Patient Access - Admitting
Responsible to oversee daily operations of assigned areas. Assist the Patient Access Director in maintaining department reports. Assists in all areas as needed. Also, coordinate the functions of the following admission areas: Inpatient, Outpatient, Emergency Room, Day Surgery, Auditors and Customer Service. Responsible for insuring staff is trained and performance objectives are met. Creates and maintains Associate work schedules and manages time off for team.
- Maintains consistency with Administrative and Departmental policies with appropriate behavior, dress, attitude, attendance, confidentiality, professionalism, and reliability.
- Responsible for monitoring the registration area operation to include policies and procedures for Inpatient, outpatient, ER, and Day Surgery registrations.
- Assures criteria for Medicare/Medicaid, Champus, and other Third Party Payors are met by physician orders on all outpatient, observation, and Inpatient admission.
- Insure documentation is complete and accurate for patient medical records, including data entered in hospital computer system or other mediums for patient information.
- Insure point-of-service (POS) collections for assigned areas meet established goals.
- Strive to create an atmosphere that fosters excellent patient satisfaction.
- Strive to create an atmosphere that fosters excellent Associate satisfaction.
- Strive to create an atmosphere that fosters excellent physician satisfaction.
- Ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations. Promotes confidentiality among associates and within the processing of patient information.
- Review Associate performance for recognition, evaluation, coaching, training, and correction as needed. Insure errors are corrected timely and feedback/training is provided to Associates for improvement.
- Insure Associates receive timely communication of information, expectations, and upcoming changes and seek their input.
- Insure staffing is appropriate to meet patient needs and seek to exceed patient expectations. Work within productivity guidelines to accomplish this goal.
- Insure insurance verification is performed and precertification's are received timely to prevent insurance denials. Insure these activities are documented in patient accounts.
- Insure patient safety goals are met, including correct information listed for each account worked in the hospital computer systems.
- Conduct periodic audits of department performance, as assigned. Report audit findings to the defined recipient.
- Conduct petty cash audits monthly and insure adequate petty cash is on-hand for daily operations.
- Consistently seek continuous improvement that will enhance department operations, patient satisfaction, and Associate satisfaction.
- Work with other supervisory Associates to help create a cohesive leadership team within the department that can see or anticipate needs and manage functions to alleviate disruption of workflow.
- Insure Associates have equipment and supplies to perform assigned duties.
- Various other duties necessary to achieve department and facility objectives.
- Computer knowledge related to hospital mainframe systems, as well as business applications software (i.e. Microsoft Office), with proficiency in compiling, analyzing, and presenting reports.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Three to five years work experience in Admitting or in a supervisory capacity of a hospital setting.
- Associate degree or equivalent training and/or business experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.